Honored Contributor

Coach - popular TV show with Craig T. Nelson coming back

Apparently all four major networks wanted it, but it will be on NBC. Nelson will play the same character as he did 18 years ago, coming out of retirement to be his son's assistant coach at a Pennsylvania ivy league university. This was one of my favorite shows when it was on. So here's my question: In the original show, Coach had a college-age daughter Kelly. He did not have a son. How will they explain this? Obviously this son would have had to be older if he is head coach of a popular university 18 years in the future! Also, it is not known whether or not the others will be back. I hope so! Coach would not be Coach without Luther, Dauber (sp?), and Christine! What do you think?

Valued Contributor

Re: Coach - popular TV show with Craig T. Nelson coming back

Didn't they adopt a baby boy towards the end of the show?

“We should be too big to take offense and too noble to give it.” Abraham Lincoln
Esteemed Contributor

I enjoyed this show, nice to know it will be back!!

Super Contributor

This is one show I might watch. The ONLY show I watch on a major network channel is the Voice. (besides sports)

It doesn't matter if it was 18 years go or not, in TV they can age 10 years in one season. Ha!

Honored Contributor

On 3/27/2015 azgal said:

Didn't they adopt a baby boy towards the end of the show?

Yes- the last couple seasons explored fertility issues, and then he and his wife (Shelly Fabares) adopted a baby boy. Definitely would want Christine and the rest of the gang too. I LOVED this series. If it returns, I'll give it a try.
Esteemed Contributor

I used to love this show! But as it went on, I lost interest.

Is Jerry Van Dyke still around? He was so funny and so goofy, and was a perfect foil for Nelson.

Shelly F. has always been a favorite. Remember her song, "Johnny Angel"?

Super Contributor

I used to watch this show and will give it a try again...hope it will be as good as it once was.

“There are things that we don't want to happen but have to accept, things we don't want to know but have to learn, and people we can't live without but have to let go.” Author Unknown
Trusted Contributor

Don't know if Shelley Fabares will be back...I thought I read in recent years she has had some fairly serious health issues...great show, would be fun to see it again...
Take time every day to enjoy where you are without a need to fix it
Trusted Contributor

On 3/27/2015 Witchy Woman said:

I used to love this show! But as it went on, I lost interest.

Is Jerry Van Dyke still around? He was so funny and so goofy, and was a perfect foil for Nelson.

Shelly F. has always been a favorite. Remember her song, "Johnny Angel"?

Yes, Jerry is still around..Ive seen him on the show The Middle.
Take time every day to enjoy where you are without a need to fix it
Trusted Contributor

I read a blurb online that said there was nothing to indicate the other actors would be back. As someone mentioned I think Shelley has had some health issues-don't know if she would want a gig like this again. Jerry Van Dyke still works-he's had a recurring role on The Middle, but don't know if he would do this.