Esteemed Contributor

@ID2    I don't watch CNN and I also don't watch Fox

Honored Contributor

@ID2 wrote:

Sorry, I don't watch CNN.

Good to know, @ID2 

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@ID2 wrote:

It's a shame the thread title wasn't clear.

Honored Contributor

@ID2 wrote:

@ID2 and?  Had you bothered to actually read the original post, you would have seen this was about a very well done program about a historic event, that could have been shown on any network.   

Esteemed Contributor

@LavernLuvsShoes wrote:

This was a re-broadcast of the documentary - I watched it when it was originally aired, and it was so gut-wrenching that I can't bear to watch it again.

It's a sad reminder for those who were too young to remember the event, however, and it was brilliantly done.

@LavernLuvsShoes That is exactly how I felt.  I remember when this program first aired and I watched, which I do not regret, but it was very painful.  I used to work in the neighborhood of the World Trade Center at the time of the attacks, and had a friend who worked there.  (She was not there for the attacks, but lost countless co-workers.). By the time the show aired (several months later), I had returned to work and the neighborhood was returning to life.  Things were reopening.  The opening scene of the film is the building lobby, my eyes saw it, my mind racing but not processing, thought, oh that building, how much I hate it, wonder when it will reopen -- the stores there, then I caught myself.  It was the lobby of the World Trade Center.  The building had had a prior terrorist attack in 1993, and after that it would take a long time to get through lobby security to go in, which is why I "hated" going there to meet my friend.  Felt overwhelming sadness.  I didn't know what the 9/11 program cnn was showing was the other night, I flipped to it, and as soon as I saw the opening scene in the lobby of the building, I switched the channel.

If you have not seen it, it is worth watching.  Slow moving and painful, like life and art sometimes.