Honored Contributor

Surprised at some comments,  it was something i had not seen,a tribute to all we lost,and the firefighters.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

I am pretty much done with watching anything to do with 9-11. Seen it so many times.... have enough on my plate with Covid 19 and everything else going on today I do not need more sadness and depressive news or TV.

One got to see what the firefighters went through.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Valued Contributor

This was a re-broadcast of the documentary - I watched it when it was originally aired, and it was so gut-wrenching that I can't bear to watch it again.

It's a sad reminder for those who were too young to remember the event, however, and it was brilliantly done.

Trusted Contributor

I couldn't bring myself to watch it.  No judgements on that. please.

Honored Contributor

@ThinkingOutLoud wrote:

@PhilaLady1 wrote:

@   On second thought, I feel like I want to reply to you again.  I had stated that I understand your point of view, but I changed my mind.  I think that your post was intended to be mean.  You and people like you are the reason why that, even though I have been a member of this board for about 15 years, I go for long periods of time without participating.

Then you misunderstand my intention. Sorry you choose to see it that way. I can just sense the trauma people are feeling (again) and am just offering a way to help get people out of it since it doesn't do anyone any good.

@ThinkingOutLoud    @PhilaLady1

Any communication is the sole responsibility of the communicator to get it right. 

If you don't explain something well, it's your fault, not that of the person reading it trying to understand what you really meant to say.  It's not their "fault" if they misunderstand a poorly worded comment.  

Regular Contributor

Both my sons were new Firefighters when 911 occurred. Luckily, they are in Calif but within a few months had gone, at their own expense, and with other FF's, to New York not to work on The Pile but to work in the firehouses so the FDNY guys could go to their "brothers" funerals. There weren't enough guys left to work.   Each year , including this one, they have returned to New York on this day. There is a huge emotional bond between all these guys/ women and they need and enjoy being with each other. I consider it an honor to watch these films each year. The horror dissipates, as it has to, over the years and I personally need to remember the abject fearlessness and dedication these men showed. 

Trusted Contributor

Too close to home.  

Do the math.
Honored Contributor

@dodies Blessings to your sons; first responders are true patriots.

Honored Contributor

Re: Cnn last night

[ Edited ]

@dodies All my respect for all first responders.....police, firefighters.  I think it is wonderful that your sons get together and have created a strong bond.   I am so grateful and my heart goes out to your sons and the police and firefighters who continue to work during challenging times.

Regular Contributor

Thanks for your kind replies. I was just going to say my say and let it go, but some answers made me a little teary and brought the daily worry I usually keep in the back of my head to the front. I have gone to three funerals of men from my sons departments and it is one of the most gut-wrenching things imaginable since there are usually young children involved. It is most kind of you to express your thanks; they do appreciate it.