Respected Contributor

@ROMARY wrote:

Our thrift shops have been closed.

When opened, I'm only guessing that they will have to sanitize all items before selling them.

They can't depend on donators to properly sanitize their donated items.  

Just guessing, of course.  

Yes, just guessing but you got it right.

Respected Contributor

I found the solution!  Was chatting with my handyman yesterday.  He's a collector of sorts, taking things people in the building discarded but are in good shape and repurposing them.  I mentioned the clothing dilemma.  He told me has has a neighbor who ships a lot of things to the Dominican Republic for needy people (she is from there).  He told me she would make use of all the clothes by sending them back home.  I am so happy.  They are out of my life and hopefully somebody could use them.  

Honored Contributor

I heard tha too.  So I dropped some off at my brothers boarding home and at a church that runs a women's shelter.  I save all my samples, which I get tons of, hope shampoos, all the make up son care I don't need and donate to these women.  Some leave home with nothing.  This was a few weeks ago.  I have no idea what the policy is now.  I do have a huge load of things to donate though.  I guess I will box in garage until the time is aight

Valued Contributor

I have 6 boxes of various things, not clothing, I was going to take to the thrift store, then corona hit. Not sure if they are taking things and disinfecting them, but I can understand if not at this time.

Esteemed Contributor

@Grouchomarx 

After your post, I checked my local Salvation Army to see when they might be accepting donations as I have several boxes.

Sadly, they have posted photos of what is happening and asked people to please wait to donate.  This stuff will all end up in the garbage, I'm sure.

Image may contain: one or more people, shoes and table

Honored Contributor

@Grouchomarx wrote:

This weekend I organized my wardrobe and purged a lot of stuff.  Three tall kitchen bags worth.  I put it in my car thinking I would drop it in one of those clothing donation bins only to find they are gone.  Should have figured but I was being optimistic.  Now I don't know what to do with these clothes.  I imagine these bins will be gone for a very long time and I don't have any room to store these bags inside my home (literally, no space).  I don't want to drive around with three huge bags of clothes, looking like I'm a living out of my car or something. What to do?  Just throw away?  There's some nice stuff in there, just too big on me now.

will put this out here,

people who resell will be happy to take those off your hands, you could try to find some

if you are one Facebook etc. try posting. 

I know from the groups I am in they are looking for things