Honored Contributor

I was going to throw out a Disney jacket with the Goofy character on it. It is still in very good condition. And on the inside lining of the jacket there is a large drawing of Goofy and some smaller poses.

But I have second thoughts. The only flaw with the jacket is that I accidentally ran over the zipper with the wheel of a chair and broke the tab. But you don't need the zipper to close the jacket there are metal snaps about every 3 inches that will keep the jacket closed securely.

I don't want to donate it if they are going to think it is trash. But it is a nice nylon jacket with a thick french terry lining and looks brand new. Even the hood is lined.

PS - I worked at Disney for 6+ years. I have many character jackets and am trying to thin out the front closet. You have to fight to hang up a jacket now. That is why I am getting rid of Goofy.

Would it be insulting to donate? Or should I just throw it out?

Respected Contributor

@drizzellla wrote:

I was going to throw out a Disney jacket with the Goofy character on it. It is still in very good condition. And on the inside lining of the jacket there is a large drawing of Goofy and some smaller poses.

But I have second thoughts. The only flaw with the jacket is that I accidentally ran over the zipper with the wheel of a chair and broke the tab. But you don't need the zipper to close the jacket there are metal snaps about every 3 inches that will keep the jacket closed securely.

I don't want to donate it if they are going to think it is trash. But it is a nice nylon jacket with a thick french terry lining and looks brand new. Even the hood is lined.

PS - I worked at Disney for 6+ years. I have many character jackets and am trying to thin out the front closet. You have to fight to hang up a jacket now. That is why I am getting rid of Goofy.

Would it be insulting to donate? Or should I just throw it out?

Donate it. If they don't like it, they can trash it. I doubt they will.

Esteemed Contributor

@drizzellla

Donate for sure...someone will love it!  

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~
Frequent Contributor

I would donate it.  Maybe the recipient can fix the zipper.

It's the little things.
Honored Contributor

Donate it.  If charities don't feel an item is suitable for use, they sell them by the pound for recycling.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

You can inexpensively put on a new zipper pull if you feel bad about donating it "flawed" :-) 

Honored Contributor

Thanks for your input.  I will put it in the donate pile and hope someone will want it.

Honored Contributor

donate for sure!!!

Honored Contributor

Donate it.  There are Disneyana people galore.  Believe me, it will be lucky for someone, if it makes it from the backroom to the floor.  Lol 

i have actually donated designer bags, vintage stuff that is worth a little money.  I leave a note with the item if it of value and let them know .  They can take it from there. 

Honored Contributor

Thanks - I feel better

I didn't want the donation people to think I was trying to pawn off trash on them. But on the other hand, I would like someone to enjoy the jacket at a reduced rate. And have a charity benefit too.

After looking at all the jackets, I think a few more characters will be joining Goofy. I don't remember some of the jackets. I guess because they were packed in the closet so tightly. Time to give them some air.