Esteemed Contributor

Re: Close-up Photo of Baby Archie After His Christening Today

@RoughDraft wrote:

@wildcat fan wrote:

My first thought when I saw this family portrait was how the arrangement of people seems off.  I would've liked Meghan to scoot over a bit to let the baby be center instead of her in the center.  Harry's almost crowded while the gap between Meghan and Kate reinforces gossip about the two not getting along.  

Diana's sister's hat reminds me of Panama Jack.  Overall, some of the expressions look a little awkward like they can't wait to get that over with. 

Do you mean that Archie shold have been propped up on a pillow in the center of the couch?

No.  

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Honored Contributor

@Daisy Sunflower wrote:

The pic would have looked better if they had taken off their hats.

Kate looks strange sitting there --don't care for her dress/headband either.

The way Meghan is sitting looks a little awkward. I wonder if there was a better way of holding him -- it looks like she wanted her hand/ring to be the focal point. lol

It would have been nice if they had Doria sit next to Meghan on the couch. It looks like there would have been enough room if Meghan had moved her legs over. Or they could have had Kate stand up in the back while Doria sat in the chair.

There may nave been room on the the settee if Harry had closed his legs and sat up straight.

Prince Charles is standing behind his wife just as Prince William is standing behind his. 

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Respected Contributor

There are some who just complain about EVERYTHING. I didn't notice anyone dressing as for a safari; I don't really CARE how much space is between anyone; I don't care if they're wearing hats or not; I don't care where they are sitting/standing. 

Personally, I think it's a nice picture and I wish some posters would just shut up.

Esteemed Contributor

@JaneMarple wrote:

There may nave been room on the the settee if Harry had closed his legs and sat up straight.

Yes, I had meant to mention that, too.

Esteemed Contributor

Some people will find any reason to complain about Meghan.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Esteemed Contributor

Archie is a beautiful baby! What lovely family photos!

Esteemed Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@Suziepeach wrote:

@KingstonsMom wrote:

Personally, I happen to think ALL babies are darling and beautifful and I wish that they ALL are always blessed and protected. Heart

@KingstonsMom  happy to see Diana's sisters were included  plus Kate looks gorgeous, as always.

@Suziepeach   I agree - happy that Diana's sisters were there.

According to People mag, Kate's dress is a Stella McCartney.

I think Doria always looks classy and lovely.  I was wondering whether she'd come over for this event and am happy to see her there.  

Gosh, William is tall!

I think the names of the godparents have not been released.

It has been said in many articles that the name of the Godparents will be kept private.  For whatever reason, Meghan and Prince Harry do not want to reveal their names.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Esteemed Contributor

@Sushismom wrote:

There are some who just complain about EVERYTHING. I didn't notice anyone dressing as for a safari; I don't really CARE how much space is between anyone; I don't care if they're wearing hats or not; I don't care where they are sitting/standing. 

Personally, I think it's a nice picture and I wish some posters would just shut up.

@Sushismom...Like you, everyone has the right to their opinion, however, why be nasty in a thread about a sweet baby who was just christened?

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Honored Contributor

@Sushismom wrote:

Ahh , but, when it comes to Meghan people will jump on her for getting up in the morning.  People don't like to see her have any happiness.