Honored Contributor

Re: Close-up Photo of Baby Archie After His Christening Today

@KingstonsMom  When I saw you post 'all babies are darling'.  Darling, ummm??? You never saw my girls when they were first born.  One had big scabs on the side of her face, the other had a very, very pointed head (vacuum sucked), the last was maybe cute....but darling...nope.  Sorry!  Ha!

They are beautiful now.  They look a lot like my late husband.  

When you posted that it reminded me of the Seinfield episode of the friend's baby when Kramer saw the 'baby'.

Go here:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5ODpYnTBa8

That would have been my family's reaction seeing my baby's until they were 1 month old.  THEN they got cute.

The royals all have beautiful babies, I do agree with all of you.

Esteemed Contributor

@bathina wrote:

Look how close Kate and Will are sitting. She must always want to be touching him/next to him. Imagine, the mother of the child sitting like that, trying to call attention to herself when clearly the day was about little George. What an attention hog.

:rolls eyes:

@bathina...Seriously?????

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Honored Contributor

@Lindsays Grandma wrote:

@bathina wrote:

Look how close Kate and Will are sitting. She must always want to be touching him/next to him. Imagine, the mother of the child sitting like that, trying to call attention to herself when clearly the day was about little George. What an attention hog.

@bathina's reply is sarcastic.

Honored Contributor

@Lindsays Grandma wrote:

@bathina wrote:

@Lindsays Grandma   It is sarcastic.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Trusted Contributor

It's a very strange phenomenon to me - all over the 'net - this profound dislike of Harry's choice of wife. Can't understand why some take it all so personally, as though he needed their consent.

And now critiquing their precious baby boy. 

I stumbled upon the oddest discussion - all in agreement - on Twitter that Achie is a doll. In the literal sense! They were hyper-focusing on the “weird, huge fist” in the family portrait - how obviously fake it was. 

When I pointed out to them, that what they were perceiving as his large thumb on the left, was actually part of his wrist. His thumb being tucked under this fingers on the right... they burned me at the 'net stake. Never witnessed such a pile-on in my life. 

Maybe if I were a British taxpayer, I'd care a bit more about what this couple does and doesn’t do... But this obsession pro and con Meghan seems creepy, and in some extreme cases, like the one on Twitter - psychotic. I would like to believe some postings are just baiting, but the hatred on both sides appears to be very real.

I hope Archie won't have to tolerate this ridicule and dehumanization from some in the public his entire life. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:

@Lindsays Grandma wrote:

@bathina wrote:

@Cakers3...It is worse than sarcastic, it is downright meanspirited. 

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Lindsays Grandma wrote:

@Cakers3 wrote:

@Lindsays Grandma wrote:

@bathina wrote:

@bathina is making a point, @Lindsays Grandma, about the criticism voiced over Archie’s photo.  

Esteemed Contributor

@tansy wrote:

@Lindsays Grandma wrote:

@Cakers3 wrote:

@Lindsays Grandma wrote:

@bathina wrote:

@bathina is making a point, @Lindsays Grandma, about the criticism voiced over Archie’s photo.  

@tansyThat is not the way I see it, sorry but what I see is a put down toward Kate and the way she sat next to Will.  How does that make a point about the criticism voiced over Archie's photo?  Or am I  missing something here?

Esteemed Contributor

@Lindsays Grandma wrote:

@tansyThat is not the way I see it, sorry but what I see is a put down toward Kate and the way she sat next to Will.  How does that make a point about the criticism voiced over Archie's photo?  Or am I  missing something here?

Yes @Lindsays Grandma you are missing something.  What Bathina wrote was essentially paraphrasing comments made about Meghan substituting  Kate and William and George for Meghan and Harry and Archie.  It was pure sarcasm and also a way to point out that Meghan can do nothing right while Kate can do nothing wrong in the eyes of some.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thank you, Marp, for the perfect description of what I meant.