Trusted Contributor

Re: Close-up Photo of Baby Archie After His Christening Today

Leave this woman alone.   Enough with the vile comments - he loves her, he chose her - that is enough for me.  They are both adults, and now they have created this beautiful child.  William and Kate are in a completely different position - they are going to be King and Queen, and thus have to act in a certain manner, whereas Harry and Meghan do not have those constrictions.  All the best to both families.

Honored Contributor

He's so cute and growing quickly.

Honored Contributor

I don't see any tension between any members of the family.  The only place where there may be some tension would be between Charles and Diana's sisters.  And even there, there is no tension evident.

I know some of you are looking for drama, but I wouldn't use this picture as evidence of it.

Esteemed Contributor

@Daisy Sunflower wrote:

@JaneMarple wrote:

There may nave been room on the the settee if Harry had closed his legs and sat up straight.

Yes, I had meant to mention that, too.

The grandfather and future king are standing. Why single out the grandmother and wish her to be seated...especially in this age of equality?

I think it’s a lovely picture as is. 

Keepin' it real.
Trusted Contributor

I have not followed every aspect of the marriage BUT I thought they kept the god parents PRIVATE to avoid more drama.  No matter who they selected in the era of SOCIAL media they would be hounded and harrassed.  I think this move is to PROTECT Them from the media and the stress.  Now the key will be to see...how long will this secret be KEPT!!!

Happiness is ALWAYS an inside job,
Don't assign anyone else that much POWER
in your life!!!
Honored Contributor

@Happiness Is Inside JOB wrote:

I have not followed every aspect of the marriage BUT I thought they kept the god parents PRIVATE to avoid more drama.  No matter who they selected in the era of SOCIAL media they would be hounded and harrassed.  I think this move is to PROTECT Them from the media and the stress.  Now the key will be to see...how long will this secret be KEPT!!!

One God parent has already been announced @Happiness Is Inside JOB , Harry's long time friend Charlie van Straubenzee.

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

LOL and SMH at all of the critiques of the photo.

Good grief.

Cat LOL

Esteemed Contributor

@Daisy Sunflower  Kate’s mother stood in photos when Kate’s were christened.  

No doubt there were many photos of many arrangements in addition to this one. 

A name has leaked for godfather.  Likely both will be known before the end of the year, if not sooner. 

Keepin' it real.
Respected Contributor

@Lindsays Grandma wrote:

@Sushismom...Like you, everyone has the right to their opinion, however, why be nasty in a thread about a sweet baby who was just christened?

And yet I seldom now post on threads where I don't like the content. It's easier just to pass those by instead of telling others how I don't like it. As for being "nasty", funny how you didn't call out those who were being nasty. Just my post. Hmm.

Esteemed Contributor

@Lindsays Grandma wrote:

@Sushismom wrote:

There are some who just complain about EVERYTHING. I didn't notice anyone dressing as for a safari; I don't really CARE how much space is between anyone; I don't care if they're wearing hats or not; I don't care where they are sitting/standing. 

Personally, I think it's a nice picture and I wish some posters would just shut up.

@Sushismom...Like you, everyone has the right to their opinion, however, why be nasty in a thread about a sweet baby who was just christened?

Tell me. WHERE does the nastiness lie? So far the entire photo and its subjects have been picked apart, and unsubstantiated gossip regarding the royal family has been offered. That seems nasty to me.