Honored Contributor

Re: Close-up Photo of Baby Archie After His Christening Today

Nice to see Diana's sisters included at the gathering. Wonder what they think of Charles.

Honored Contributor

@Goldengate8361 wrote:

Camilla looks like she's ready for a safari. I think the lacy gown on Archie is horrible! Megan looks gorgeous as usual.

Edit _ I see that it's not Camilla, but a sister of Dianna that looks ready for a safari. Unfortunate.

The christening gown is a replica of the original commissioned in 1841 by Queen Victoria.  That one was used until the current Queen deemed it too fragile and had a replica commissioned.

The replica has been in use for the past 11 years and was worn by George, Charlotte and Louis at their christenings.

So blame tradition.  There's something to be said for following tradition, in these instances though.  Archie is a member of the Royal Family, after all.

Respected Contributor

@AuntG  Wonder what they thought about Camilla. I guess by now much is forgiven. 

Respected Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21  The same beautiful green an gold furniture. Also Archie looks like Harry in this baby picture. My heart still hurts for Harry that his Mother is not there but he looks like now after many years he is finally very happy with his beautiful wife and son. 

Honored Contributor

I do not think archie looks like harry, just look at the photo of him as a baby.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@Venezia  the lacy gown still looks ridiculous. .....tradition of not. That's a stupid tradition! When Archie is an adult, he will cringe at this photo.

Honored Contributor

@Goldengate8361 wrote:

@Venezia  the lacy gown still looks ridiculous. .....tradition of not. That's a stupid tradition! When Archie is an adult, he will cringe at this photo.

@Goldengate8361- Somehow I doubt that.  I think he'll see himself surrounded by loving family.  Every family has its own traditions; I don't presume to judge someone else's or call them "stupid", especially one with the rich heritage of centuries.

We can agree to disagree.

Trusted Contributor

His shining hour

baby Archie's shining hour.jpg

Esteemed Contributor

My first thought when I saw this family portrait was how the arrangement of people seems off.  I would've liked Meghan to scoot over a bit to let the baby be center instead of her in the center.  Harry's almost crowded while the gap between Meghan and Kate reinforces gossip about the two not getting along.  

Diana's sister's hat reminds me of Panama Jack.  Overall, some of the expressions look a little awkward like they can't wait to get that over with. 

Respected Contributor

@wildcat fan wrote:

My first thought when I saw this family portrait was how the arrangement of people seems off.  I would've liked Meghan to scoot over a bit to let the baby be center instead of her in the center.  Harry's almost crowded while the gap between Meghan and Kate reinforces gossip about the two not getting along.  

Diana's sister's hat reminds me of Panama Jack.  Overall, some of the expressions look a little awkward like they can't wait to get that over with. 

Do you mean that Archie shold have been propped up on a pillow in the center of the couch?

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~