Valued Contributor

Just received a call from my former teaching partner. She retired and moved to Tampa in July. She said she found Clorox wipes in Target today and how many did I need. No limit. I cannot find them in Broward County.

She is driving down to Miami and will meet me off I-75 tomorrow!! 

Who would have ever thought that wipes would make us so happy?

Honored Contributor

My sisters grandchildren are suppose to bring their own to school. My sister asked them how they are suppose to bring them if you cannot find them? She told them she was not running all over town looking for them so they would not be bringing any to school with them?

Super Contributor

@AuntG Waiting to get them for the flu ... not the pandemic we are in?  OMG

Super Contributor

I live in Florida and am able to frequently find Clorox and Lysol wipes for family and friends.   The key for me is to be at the store right when they open and to start shopping on the cleaning aisle.  Typically the wipes and Lysol spray are on the same aisle.  

At least in my area, you've got to be walking in as they open the store to find these items.  It usually only takes a few minutes for the shelves to be emptied of any wipes that were stocked overnight.

Esteemed Contributor

I make my own. Very easy. I mix I cup 60% or higher isopropyl alcohol to 2 cups  warm water.I add a teaspoon of liquid dish soap. Mix it well. I cut up the blue contractors paper towels into quarters. I either put the paper towels in a plastic container or a zip lock bag.Then I pour the liquid over the paper towels.Close the container or the bag & shake it up really well. Voila !

Honored Contributor

@minimalistWF wrote:

@AuntG Waiting to get them for the flu ... not the pandemic we are in?  OMG

===

They're all viruses; so sorry I lumped them together @minimalistWF and made you all grumpy!!!

Esteemed Contributor

@PA Mom-mom wrote:

@Nightowlz  Every time my WM shows they are available in-store, I rush over there and they laugh at me! Not doing it again!

@PA Mom-mom 

That happened to me with CVS.  It showed Clorox wipes available, so I dropped everything and rushed to that CVS.  No wipes. I won't fall for that again. 

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Respected Contributor

I saw a news story recently where Clorox said they won't have adequate availability of wipes until some time in 2020.  I have never seen them in store or online at all since this all began.  The only place I've been able to find disinfecting wipes is at Harmon, their own store brand.  They have had them in stock a few times (not always, not too often).  I stumbled upon them by accident.  They had a limit of 2, which has now been reduced to 1 per person.  I don't even want them for anything pandemic related, I have always used them for cleaning the toilet and other areas of the bathroom and disinfecting my kitchen counter when raw meat has contacted it. Surface contamination with the virus is not a real issue inside my home so I'm not wiping every surface with them, just normal cleaning.  I actually have cut back on my use of them so I don't run out any time soon.  Alcohol wipes are actually better if you're worried about the virus on surfaces. Much faster acting.  Lysol and clorox wipes take several minutes to kill a virus.  

Respected Contributor

I order for pickup from Walmart and Kroger. I always try to get these wipes and Walmart doesn't even show them. I have gotten them from Kroger a few times. I don't over use them. I try to use paper towels and cleaner when I can. Normally I would go through these wipes like crazy. 

Esteemed Contributor

I’m wondering if things are beginning to improve on the wipes front.  I order my groceries online.  There haven’t been any wipes available for months.  In the last week I’ve noticed them appearing on the website again.  They limit customers to two.