Honored Contributor

Re: Clorox Wipes Wont Be Fully Restocked Until 2021!

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Tinkrbl44    LOL, You must have some fun conferences at your office.

People in general are pigs when they eat lunch in meetings.  I am always going in early to a meeting so I can disinfect the table after all their lunch and breakfast droppings.

For Kids Day, we use the conference rooms.  Last year we did the Marshmallow Tower game and made ice cream in a plastic baggie.

The floor in the kitchen from the spilled sugar and milk was disgusting.  LOL  But the ice cream was good.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

I don't buy any kind of "wipes" as they dry out too fast in a climate where the humidity is very low.  I did recently buy a big bottle of Clorox Disinfectant Bathroom Spray which I'll use with with paper towels or a sponge.  Any reason why others can't do the same?  I got it at Walmart.

@Kachina624 

That's a good idea, but where I live ANY type of Clorox product even bleach can't be found.....

Also the Consumer Blog-Wirecutter ranked the disinfectants---

Bleach-based sprays are only for use on hard surfaces, including metals (such as faucets) and ceramics (tile, quartz, porcelain), bleach damages most fabrics, so dont use it on leather couches, chairs, or furniture with fabric etc etc. Bleach also produces noxious fumes and is tough on skin, so be careful to ventilate and to wear gloves when using any of these bleach-based sprays.

@Spurt"Hebs" has Clorox bleach and their own brand.  I've seen plenty lately at certain stores in recent months.

I only use bleach to sanitize my washing maching once a month.

I cannot stand it at all.

Some of the smaller stores are better stocked than the larger ones because more people shop at the Plus! stores.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

This doesn't surprise me. 

I am seeing them in Sam's Club on a regular basis, but you have to hit it just right. At least when you find them there, you get five big fat canisters.

I've seen them VERY hit and miss in small canisters of 35 count at Meijer in the last month. 

We have found wipes all throughout this event, but it has taken a lot of looking and frequent store visits, and settling for a lot of store and off brands.

I expected a surge in demand as schools and businesses opened, and people needing to sanitize now open small businesses, or send them in because they are on school supply lists. 

We built up a pretty good stock considering they are limit one, but we are supplying three households, plus my husband needs them for work, as they aren't sanitizing properly there. 

Honored Contributor

@IamMrsG wrote:

@Kachina624   We're thinking alike on this.  The product just feels like a (hugely successful) marketing ploy to me. 

Cloth + water + chlorine bleach = disinfectant

Bleach is  very corrosive and damages many surfaces, especially fabric of any kind if you accidentally get it on it, and can damage metals over time, and damage painted surfaces as well. 

Bleach is my last go to, as I want something to use on a variety of surfaces, and that I don't have to be so careful with.

Trusted Contributor

Any info when Clorox and Lysol disinfectant sprays will be back in stores?

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

The CEO of Clorox was testifying a a hearing on Monday and was asked about availability of the wipes and other cleaning products; he said the wipes would not be able to be on store shelves til next year because the cloth used for them is what is used for PPE. so is in short supply. I think that’s why it has been on the news now. I have found plenty of liquid bleach so have picked up a bottle or two to have just in case. I have three containers left of Clorox wipes; they are the large ones from Costco. No worries.
Respected Contributor

@Nightowlz wrote:

That's so ridiculous. Why can't they just make more???

I'm glad I was able to stock up while they had some in stock. I now have 8 containers so I will keep picking them up if I see them to stay ahead of the game.

I'm guessing that they have employess that are infected or in quarantine.

I have a good supply too. I really like the Kirkland and Sam's Club brands because they come in reseable pouches.

Honored Contributor

We have been able to get Target brand and Wegmans brand several times in the last few months. 

Honored Contributor

I hate the smell of liquid Clorox bleach and never use it.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Valued Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

My neck of the woods (South Joisey) local BJ's......

Screen Shot 2020-08-06 at Thu, Aug 6, 2020-11.42.23 AM.png

Heart be still. I've never seen these before.