Esteemed Contributor
I watched a bit more today that I usually do. I found some nice styles of clothing that interested me. I did not buy because of what I considered high prices. I am a bargain shopper. I buy by style and color. For those of you who do shop QVC do you know if most clothing items go on clearance or AS IS? How long does it take? I CAN WAIT.
Honored Contributor

Re: Clearance and AS IS

[ Edited ]

I would never pay the full price of clothing items I see here.  I put them in my "wish list" and check occasionally because unlike HSN, QVC does not let you know if an item has been reduced.  Also check lunchtime specials.  I wouldn't count on any item appearing as "clearance" or "as is."  

Respected Contributor

I have been shopping QVC for a few decades, and I have more clothes than I need!

I also like sale prices.  Often I will wait a bit until the prices are reduced.

Clearance prices are great--they usually start about two-three months after a product was first introduced.  The challenge is that sometimes sizes and colors are limited.

Lunch-time specials are sometimes even better than clearance, but you have to be constantly checking if something you like is featured.

As-is can be returns, or too much left over in a certain size or style.  As long as they are in acceptable shape, they are fine, but sometimes the product is damaged.

Finally, if you are in driving distance of any of the outlets, the clothes prices there are phenomenal!  But, it really is a treasure hunt.

Honored Contributor

@bonnielu    Clearance shows usually are most common at the end of a season when they're trying to clear out the warehouses for new merchandise.

Since "as is" comes from presentation samples and things models/hosts have worn, they can appear at any time.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@bonnielu I don't know about fashion items as much but I imagine it is similar to how they list jewelry items. Jewelry items could be listed with a separate "As Is" item number before they sell out on clearance price. QVC then waits until items sell out on Clearance Price before the "As Is" item becomes available.

Respected Contributor

@bonnielu   Last year I got a few as is fashion items.  Every one I got was a return not worn.  As is can be returns or samples worn on air.  I’ve only received packages that were not worn or opened (or repackaged so nicely that it looked brand new).  It was big big savings off the QVC price.  Not sure if the as is currently have smaller inventories because of the Rocky Mountain warehouse fire.  I still check lunchtime specials and “as is” often.  That is where a lot of returns were processed.  

I’ve had good luck with kitchen as is, except one shipment only that was ceramic cookware received in 100 pieces.  Yes they made me send all the broken pieces back.  Q paid the return, but I guess people would say more was broken.  The post office even said, you are shipping something broken back?  I said, yes, QVC required it.  

Esteemed Contributor

I've heard so much about "As Is" that one day I decided to order an Isaac Mizrahi's dress. I was so shocked when I received it. It was packaged properly and look as if it wasn't worn. Tried to get the blue also and it was gone.

Ordered some cookware and was surprised that they weren't used. Now I check to see what's available.

Respected Contributor

@bonnielu Last year around this time they had a serious clearance event with no returns unless the item was defective.  Lots of items were at super low prices.  I was hoping for the same this year, but don't think it will happen.

Trusted Contributor

QVC used to have a link that was "Last Clicks" and had very limited amounts of things but they were priced  really low. 

Trusted Contributor

I searched for Last Clicks and found only a few odd items there.