Honored Contributor

What do you use ,to clean wood cabinets, wood furniture ,speaking of cleaners.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

I use Therapy Clean brand wood and cabinet cleaner and polish.  I buy it at Amazon. 

Honored Contributor

If the cabinets and furniture actually have a layer of grime on them, I use a dishwater solution, or murphys oil soap and water.

Honored Contributor

On furniture I only use lemon oil found in the cleaning/ polish grocery aisle.

You need to clean the furniture first (minwax used to have a good cleaner) because bees wax and other deposits get down in the wood, especially if you used Pledge polish, and prevent the lemon oil from hydrating the wood.  From amazon or your big box home store.

To Clean furniture of wax build up this is also excellent!

22 oz. Wood Furniture Cleaner

Much of my furniture is over 100 years old and it gets regularly wiped with lemon oil.  Nothing cracks on me.

Respected Contributor
I use Murphy’s Oil Soap to clean wood. When I clean my wood stairwell banister, I am always amazed how much grime it removes. I use Scott’s Liquid Gold on a couple of antique pieces I have; it is great when used very sparingly to keep the old wood moisturized.
Respected Contributor

Re: Cleaning wood furniture

[ Edited ]

Another Murphy's Oil Soap user here!

Am I the only one who remembers their commercial of the ladies cleaning their church with Murphy's Oil Soap?  And the jingle was set to Turkey in the Straw...........

I hum it every time I use it.......🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

"I've been using Murphy's Oil Soap on this old house of mine, now the dirt is finished but the finish is fine"

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward