Respected Contributor

Cleaning Services and Christmas

We have used a cleaning service now for coming up on a year and are very happy with them.    They usually send a 2 person crew but sometimes 3.  It isn't always the same crew but usually was.  I say 'was' because we just changed days and now the new crew is a totally different one.

So, what do we do about a xmas gift for them?   We would like to do something but with the different crews and number of different people who come, we're not sure how to handle this.

Any suggestions?  Thanks.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Cleaning Services and Christmas

A Christmas "Thank-you" card, and nothing more.

Respected Contributor

It's a difficult situation.

Are you giving them cash or an actual gift?  Is there a favorite of yours that might not show up before Christmas?  You can always give them a little something after Christmas.

Be prepared with a little something for each of them.  How nice of you to do that.

Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

If you bake, it might be nice to make them a  cookie treat.

Contributor

Why not make up little holiday bags of cookies.  You could have any number of bags made up and this way no matter how many of the crew showed up you’d have one for each.

Respected Contributor

@Bri36 wrote:

Are you giving them cash or an actual gift?  Is there a favorite of yours that might not show up before Christmas?  You can always give them a little something after Christmas.

Be prepared with a little something for each of them.  How nice of you to do that.

Smiley Happy

We haven't decided on cash, gift card or what yet.  We don't have a favorite.   They come when I'm not here and DH is upstairs working so he doesn't really interact with them much.  

I'm thinking that maybe I should just call the owners of the service and ask them what their customers usually do or if they have a suggestion.

I know that if you have a housekeeper, the recommendation is one day of pay extra but have no idea about a cleaning service that can be different crews.   

Respected Contributor

@Bridgegal wrote:

@Bri36 wrote:

Smiley Happy

We haven't decided on cash, gift card or what yet.  We don't have a favorite.   They come when I'm not here and DH is upstairs working so he doesn't really interact with them much.  

I'm thinking that maybe I should just call the owners of the service and ask them what their customers usually do or if they have a suggestion.

I know that if you have a housekeeper, the recommendation is one day of pay extra but have no idea about a cleaning service that can be different crews.   

Have a small gift or a card with some cash ready for whoever shows up that day.  Pick an amount you feel comfortable with if you decide you want to give cash.

Honored Contributor

@Bridgegal wrote:

We have used a cleaning service now for coming up on a year and are very happy with them.    They usually send a 2 person crew but sometimes 3.  It isn't always the same crew but usually was.  I say 'was' because we just changed days and now the new crew is a totally different one.

So, what do we do about a xmas gift for them?   We would like to do something but with the different crews and number of different people who come, we're not sure how to handle this.

Any suggestions?  Thanks.

We are giving throws this year. Our ladies are not always the same so whoever shows up before Christmas will receive a nice fluffy colorful throw.

Honored Contributor

I think cleaning people expect a cash gift. Since they aren't regular I would call the service and ask how it is usually done.Perhaps they put it all into one pot and divide it up.

Esteemed Contributor

151949 wrote:

I think cleaning people expect a cash gift. Since they aren't regular I would call the service and ask how it is usually done.Perhaps they put it all into one pot and divide it up.

@151949, I agree with your suggestion to ask the company how it should be handled.  Since the same folks don't come each time to clean there is no way of knowing that if a gift is left before Christmas it won't be picked up by a person making their first appearance in the home.  Not that they would know a gift had been left, but it would be rather rude to those who have been coming regularly all year.