Honored Contributor

Re: Classic tune to crank for stress relief

@Anonymous032819   RELAX go through it!  Oh yeah!

Honored Contributor

My son in law gave me and 5 of my girlfriends tickets to see Barry Manilow live.  He rented a limo for us. It was for my birthday.

It it was so much fun dancing in the seats singing to Barry’s songs we ( and everyone) knew.

Amy Barry song puts me in a happy mood♥️

QVC Customer Care

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

My son in law gave me and 5 of my girlfriends tickets to see Barry Manilow live.  He rented a limo for us. It was for my birthday.

It it was so much fun dancing in the seats singing to Barry’s songs we ( and everyone) knew.

Amy Barry song puts me in a happy mood♥️

@Annabellethecat66 , A couple of friends and I saw him live back in the 80’s and he put on a great show . Some of my “ cooler “ friends made fun of me, but I didn’t care, we had a ball !

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Respected Contributor

"Dancing in the Dark"

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Honored Contributor

@feline groovy 

Love their music! Had most of their CDs, and even some Laser Discs of several of their live concerts. Lost all of those when our basement flooded with sewage, when I was in the hospital for 6+ days.  

I do have some live concerts I recorded from AXS HD TV, and I watch and listen to them often. "Black Water" has always also been one of my favorites. Saw them in concert here years ago, and they will be playing again, I believe this month.

Not for stress for this old man as I have pretty much none. But for mood type music I always go to my favorite Southern Gospel Music, of which JD Sumner tops my list.

hckynut

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@QVCkitty1 @I don’t have any cool friends!  Ha!

I’m like you.  We knew all of the words.  Everyone was mouthing the words.  

My my son in law owned a business in the venue so we got box seats.  We could stand and move around and see and hear him.  It was probably around 2006 or so.  Can’t remember exactly.

He was off tune sometimes and not moving a lot; but he was still great and we loved seeing him!!

Respected Contributor

@luvmybeetle wrote:

I'm from the middle ages so I would say Ricky Nelson, any song he sang.  Barry Manilow, "New York City Rythem".  The Temptations, anything.  There are more but I'm so old I forgot.

I was listening to nyc rythym today!🙂

Esteemed Contributor

I recently discovered classic 50's &60's rock & roll on Alexa!!!!  

Honored Contributor

So many, I don’t think I could list them all! Mostly 60’s.