Respected Contributor

I have often read on these forums the sizing frustration within a shoe brand.  Here are two Clarks boots in the exact same size.

The width difference is so obvious. The black pair on the left, I just received in a 10 wide, the pair on the right is also a 10 wide. The reviews for the black pair say they run narrow! So if I return them and get a regular width will they be too narrow!

in the meantime shipping is almost $10.  

3587C77C-DB2A-4AA7-BCC6-7D8129A79E79.jpeg

Super Contributor

You have posted a problem with Clarks and other brands. We pay to return shoes not for our error in ordering but for the manufacturer's inconsistency in sizing. Another thing I've experienced is that, when ordering a W, all it means is that the manufacturer added more material to the top but keeps the same sole size, so that your foot "fits" but hangs over the sole edge.

I've given up on the Q for shoes. 

Honored Contributor

Yes I know how you feel about sizing issues. If possible, I try to find similar style in stores and try them on. I happen to live close to two malls so it’s easy for me since I’m retired but not everyone can do that. I hate sending things back too. Good luck.

Honored Contributor

This would be WHy I feel strongly that shoes should be purchased in a shoe store where you can try them on , not a TV shopping channel.

Honored Contributor

I must be blessed I have never had a sizing issue with Clarks.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

Me neither only shoe I 'll wear

shoe on the right is a regular size

I wear a size 8 wide or 8 1/2 medium.

Lots of shoe places online have free returns and lot faster service

Trusted Contributor

I agree that shoes need to be tried on before purchasing.

With any band you will find some slight, or in this case major, inconsistencies.

At the Clarks outlet near me, I will try on all the size 9's they have in the same style and most likely one pair will fit better than the others.

Esteemed Contributor

@Bhvbum I bought a pair of Scetchers boots with the same problem.  You could actually see the size difference between right and left shoe. Apparently the Q doesn't care. My advice is don't order shoes from the Q. I have ordered Clarks boots from Amazon and they were fine. Hit or miss I guess.

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Honored Contributor

@Bhvbum  A few years ago, you could order Clarks and whatever you ordered would fit.  I do not know what happened but the width is running different for all shoes.  You get tired of returning and paying for it.  You would think Clarks would do something but they don't and they act like the problem does not exist because I emailed them.  

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

Re: Clark’s shoe sizing.

[ Edited ]

The last 3 Clark's TSVs have had serious sizing issues that made them unwearable by many people who ordered their normal size.  QVC had to have known about these issues but chose to go forward with them anyway.  Do you suppose they wonder why we dont trust them?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment