Esteemed Contributor

@TaylorBrown wrote:

I have tried it!  I like it for an occasional drink but beause it taste a bit like candy it gets to be sickening.  

@TaylorBrown- Thank you.  I'm going to try it.

Respected Contributor

@phoenixbrd wrote:

@millieshops   I'm surprised you didn't have a reaction after 6 months.  Many many years ago, I had a sip of coke after not indulging for many years (yup, I'm a wise old crone).   I thought I had swallowed battery acid....not a pleasant experience and that ended any desire for any kind of soda.

That was my experience as well. Really tasted awful!

Honored Contributor

@Marp wrote:

As much as I like cinnamon I'll be sticking with my club soda and lemon.

@Marp 

One of my faves too, but you left out the vodka, LOL!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Esteemed Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@Marp wrote:

@Marp 

@KingstonsMom,  nope, didn't forget.  Vodka and tonic; club soda either as a soda or with some form of whiskey.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Trusted Contributor

I like Diet Coke.  But all of these flavored Coke's....they just don't sound appealing at all!!!

Respected Contributor

@Mindy D   When I was a little girl my Mom used to give me Coca Cola syrup for an upset stomach.  Drug stores used to carry it.  Now have to order online from specialty, holistic type vendors.

These days as a very occasional soda drinker (Coke or ginger ale being my favorites) I prefer it warm and flat.  Actually for any kind of drink, except for a beverage intended to be hot like tea or coffee, I have always preferred it not icy cold and no ice, even in a drink with liquor.  I order ice on the side.

And for me, the key to avoiding the carbonation woes is to make sure not to drink it before I am going to lie down, so never before bedtime.

Honored Contributor

@Marp wrote:

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@Marp wrote:

@Marp 

@KingstonsMom,  nope, didn't forget.  Vodka and tonic; club soda either as a soda or with some form of whiskey.

@Marp 

I gotcha, but I absolutely hate tonic!

It's just too bitter for my taste, but DH likes gin and tonic, different strokes as they say. LOL!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@phoenixbrdYikes -  never even thought of having a bad reaction.  Just knew I'd been yearning for cola but didn't want to bring any quantity into the house.  One glass at a restaurant seemed the best compromise.

I am so glad to no longer feel addicted to cola.  There was a time when I knew I was drinking far too much of it even though in those years there wasn't much adverse info.

Honored Contributor

I love cinnamon, but only once in a while ,maybe twice a year i want root beer,daily water, teas,and coffee.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Esteemed Contributor
Probably tastes a bit like Dr Pepper
My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness ~ Dalai Lama XIV

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix