Honored Contributor

GreenEyedLady:

I understand.

We left our local one several years ago.  Way too much coughing without covering mouths going on, whether flu season or no flu season.

Not only was it very distracting, but not a good idea, health-wise.

Other churches, not so much. 

'Don't ask me why' re: that particular church. 

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

We can always mail-in (or whatever) donations.

And many can attend masses via TV or live streaming, etc.

Set aside an hour of time at home to reflect and pray.

We will be heard.  Heart

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

@Beth-QVC wrote:
This post has been removed by QVC because it is political

@Beth-QVC 

Wasn't meant to be, but I understand.

hckynut 🏒

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

ROMARY,

What you wrote is my religious roadmap for the time being.  I think it is a prudent route to go for those who are at risk -- or who are fearful of catching this virus.

Honored Contributor

@wishmoon wrote:

I'm non-religious but I used to be a believer and KNOW that they'll pass the collection plate but will probably put a new spin on it. You'll probably have to dump your envelope in a box with a slit on top.

@wishmoon As a non-believer, I fail to see either your point or your interest in weighing in on this.

As a lot of us do, my contributions are sent electronically once a month, then I also donate to certain groups such as disaster recovery or food pantry as I see fit, and also electronically.  So no problem there.

I do miss going to services, but neither my faith or my outlook on things has changed since we are attenting online now.  And there is no formal way I would have to touch anyone when services return. 

We also have online daily devotions and special messages on the facebook page, and other videos about hymns and their origins and traditions, etc. so I have in a small way felt even more connected recently with all the material made available of recent.  

It's all good, and we will be provided for I'm sure!  No worries about that here.  

Honored Contributor

Re: Church changes

[ Edited ]

When I tithed to my church, I went through a website setup by the church  it was easy.  I was just one of those tithers that gave my tithes, whether pay was cut or not.  I admit there were times when it was tough, but I got through it.  But with so many out of work, out of jobs and savings interest and stock income cut I worry about church survival  what direction they will have to take

most churches, especially non-denominational, have no income, but for church members.  The money that comes in pays the water, heat, a/c insurance, staff and pastor.  You need paid staff  to run a church.  There are volunteers, but you need full time staff to run a church.  

tithing is something that can't be mandatory.  It has to come form the heart or it isn't any good, lol  jmho

Respected Contributor

Makes you wonder if Costco will have to give up handing out samples.

New Contributor

This is what our church has set in place. I believe this outline will be used at many churches in the near future. These were the suggestions sent to us by the Baptist Association. 

1) We have a new professional cleaning company that will clean and disinfect entire facility, with special attention to high touch areas.

2) Rope off every other church pew to help maintain social distancing.

3) Enter through only one main door with no assembling in Lobby areas.

4) We will be using a non-contact thermometer to take temperatures of people as they enter.

5) Offer all guests the option of wearing face masks.

6) Keep doors propped open to lesson touched surfaces.

7) Obviously no physical greeting time and non-family social distancing.

8) Dismiss in rows to avoid any possible congestion when service is finished.

9) Offering will be collected in baskets as people leave to eliminate touching.

10) Restrooms only used in emergency and will be clean and ready.

11) There will be no formal choir until further notice.

12) Children can sit with their parents in church sanctuary for now.

13) We will continue to Face Book Live stream worship celebration for those who do not feel ready to attend in person and as an outreach.

14) Recommend the elderly and those with compromised immune systems worship from home until they feel ready to attend. (We Understand)

We will be continuing to use Face Book live to broadcast both our Worship celebration, Sunday at 10:45am and our Wednesday Prayer/Bible Study at around 10:45am

Please let us know any prayer requests or ministry opportunities you may be aware of, so we can continue to show the love of Jesus everyday and in every way.

Remember God is in Control

2 Timothy 1:7 “For God did not give us a spirit of fear but one of power and of love and a sound mind.”

Philippians 4:6,7 “Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving present your requests to God. And the peace of God which transcends all understanding will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.”

Reasonable Adjustments Make Sense

*We will be temporarily suspending our Sunday School and Wednesday evening Children’s programs.

*We are now live streaming our Sunday Morning Worship and Wednesday Bible Study on Face Book live. Hope to see you there! 

Realize we can all Help

*Please stay in quarantine for some time, if someone in your family has been sick in the last 24 hours, especially with a fever.

*Be sure to wash hands frequently with soap and warm water, use hand sanitizer liberally.

*Please contact church office immediately if anyone in your family has been diagnosed with COVID-19. We want to pray and help.

*Our Deacons will be in very regular contact with our church families, but if you have a need please let us help. May God bless.

Honored Contributor
I am curious as to how they will do choir...how do you do social distancing or masks in a choir loft? We already have church bulletins in stacks so you can take one as you go into the sanctuary...no one stands there and asses them out anyone...and tithing is online or you put it in an offering container by the door...communion will be interesting and so will baptism.
Respected Contributor

@golding76 

LOL Baloney to that giving your name and contact info for tracing nonsense.

That is definitely not happening at our church. Nor should it.

What worries you masters you.