Esteemed Contributor

Re: Christy Brinkley on with her wines now..

@kitcat51 You hit it.  ....selling a cookbook yesterday on David's show with Jane.

something about the mouth area looked so strange.

Channel Change Time

Respected Contributor

@on the bay wrote:

@amyb,

I've often thought that too.

Why do some look so great? They must have found the best plastic surgeon. I agree that Dolly who I adore did a little too much these past few years. But maybe you have to keep doing it?

Jane Fonda looks great too.

And Christy Brinkley is still so pretty it's ridiculous! I've always thought she was so pretty.

But as good as some look , I don't think I could ever ever do it!

The pain. The recovery. The unsureness of how it will turn out.

And some seem to do things way too young. It's a scary thing when they all start looking the same.

Some cosmetic doctors are unethical: if you'll pay be bill and lay down on the table, they don't care whether you should stop with the plastic surgery or not.

Esteemed Contributor

@Re: Christy Brinkley on with her wines now..

@fthunt 

MS has always had something different looking about her mouth. I haven't watched her on the Q except for maybe a few minutes here and there, probably not even a grand total of 5 so haven't noticed it so much there. But when she is a guest judge on Chopped and they do close-ups while she is speaking you notice it. It's something unique with her lips. the way they look and move when she speaks. 

Honored Contributor

Re: @Re: Christy Brinkley on with her wines now..

It has to do with letting the doctor do subtle work vs telling the doctor you want to look 20.  People want to see a huge difference.

It's the same thing with salons.  People overdo highlights and lowlights because they want to see what they're paying for.  So instead of getting highlights that make you look like you have great hair, you have people with "highlights" that might as well have just dyed their hair that color because nothing is highlighted. 

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

@amyb   It's probably everything you mention....and lifestyle, diet, sleep, stress management, belief system, exercise PLUS a skilled surgeon and genes.  We can incorporate many of these into our own lifestyle....just a matter of choice/action.

Wouldn't it be fun to have a group of friends who decide to get together and take each of these items (minus surgeon and gene considerations)- meet and discuss how they can make it work in their lives and hold each other accountable with weekly meetings?  It would be exciting to experience the transformation.  

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@amyb 

I would not trade for her looks  and public persona for anything.  I imagine you just feel you need to never age and have to look your best  all the time... the public is hard on you when you live your career based on only your looks. She really never had any career ...her acting was spotty and not good such as  in the Vacation movie with Chevy Chase... and even that was based on just her looks.  She is lovely.. and I am sure she is smart and was a wonderful Mom.. just too bad she can not just age  without having it thrown in her face. Eventually as you get into your 70's and 80's etc... it is more difficult to keep up the facade of being ageless.  We all JUST GET OLD eventually.....

Respected Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@amyb 

I would not trade for her looks  and public persona for anything.  I imagine you just feel you need to never age and have to look your best  all the time... the public is hard on you when you live your career based on only your looks. She really never had any career ...her acting was spotty and not good such as  in the Vacation movie with Chevy Chase... and even that was based on just her looks.  She is lovely.. and I am sure she is smart and was a wonderful Mom.. just too bad she can not just age  without having it thrown in her face. Eventually as you get into your 70's and 80's etc... it is more difficult to keep up the facade of being ageless.  We all JUST GET OLD eventually.....

There are some people who are hard on celebrities whether they are models or actors. I will never understand someone who posts a picture just to tear the person down. She is not aging very well, etc. 

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Valued Contributor

She does look great.  Maybe it's the vegan diet too, but she has a youthful spirit which helps.

Honored Contributor

@Glittergal 

@Glittergal wrote:

She does look great.  Maybe it's the vegan diet too, but she has a youthful spirit which helps.

Yes, those make significant difference....anti-aging on steroids.

Regular Contributor

@amyb wrote:

@mom2four0418 wrote:

@amyb wrote:

I know...work done, plenty of bucks to pay for it all, and beautiful to begin with...but dang...the eternal beach gal...she looks fantastic. 

Don't know how some get great work, her, Dolly, and others.

And some...are a train wreck.  I really do wonder...is it the docs? Their skill? The way your own system takes to it all. Out of my realm of expertise, that's for sure.

Dolly Parton should have stopped a few procedures ago.

Lol...Miss Dolly will never stop! I read her autobiography years ago...it will make your head spin every tweak, and tuck she's proud to tell you about. At that time, names of docs all listed in the back of the book, everything shared. 

God Bless her~love her, she's beautiful inside and loves to glitz it up on the outside~that's her. Yes...sometimes now it seems "time" but girl's gonna go out that way. Bf, who also loves her, said recently, after she's gone and if they dug her up 100 years later, she'd probably still look the same! 

@amyb 

Love Dolly! Totally agree w your post. Smiley Happy