Esteemed Contributor

Re: Christopher Lawford, Peter's Son and JFK's Nephew, Dies at 63

Yet another sad story in the Kennedy family saga. I believe his father had a problem with alcohol abuse. No amount of money and fame can protect people from their internal demons.

Respected Contributor

Sincere condolences to the family. 

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

I actually met him in May at a book signing and spent about 15 minutes talking to him, just the two of us. He seemed very warm and intelligent. He was very handsome in person. His passing is such a shame. Too young to go.
Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Trusted Contributor

@beckyb1012 wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

@beckyb1012He did indeed look just like his dad.  I remember as a fairly young girl and as a teen having a bit of a crush on Peter Lawford, who was on TV fairly often back then.  Between the looks and the somewhat British accent I thought he was "dreamy" as we used to say back then.   Smiley Happy

I know what you mean.  I have a copy of Little Women and watched just last week to try to pretend it was winter instead of August.  He was fine his whole life.  I always thought Pat Kennedy was the prettiest of all the girls in that generation too @Pearlee

I had a crush on him too, when I was a little girl.  I loved him in The Thin Man television series with Phyllis Kirk.

Esteemed Contributor

I actually didn't know he had an addiction problem until I checked his bio. He wrote a book about it. I also didn't know that he was also a lawyer. Sounds like he accomplished quite a bit in his lifetime, but 63 is quite young to die. He was at a yoga studio when something happened. You have to wonder what damage drug use long ago did to cause his eventual demise.

Honored Contributor

@blueroses47 wrote:

@beckyb1012 wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

@beckyb1012He did indeed look just like his dad.  I remember as a fairly young girl and as a teen having a bit of a crush on Peter Lawford, who was on TV fairly often back then.  Between the looks and the somewhat British accent I thought he was "dreamy" as we used to say back then.   Smiley Happy

I know what you mean.  I have a copy of Little Women and watched just last week to try to pretend it was winter instead of August.  He was fine his whole life.  I always thought Pat Kennedy was the prettiest of all the girls in that generation too @Pearlee

I had a crush on him too, when I was a little girl.  I loved him in The Thin Man television series with Phyllis Kirk.

@blueroses47  Thank you so much for mentioning this series.   When I posted this thread, I knew I'd developed my crush on him from some TV series and couldn't for the life of me remember what it was.  This was it!  I loved that show!  I was later surprised to learn about all the Thin Man movies with Wm.  Powell, because by the time I did, there was only one Thin Man as far as I was concerned --- handsome Peter Lawford!  That series brings back good memories of my youth!  Loved that show!

Honored Contributor

I had to look him up and once I saw him I recalled seeing him before. As a teenager, I used to think Peter Lawford was such a hunk.   I can see some of his dad in his face.  It's an unfortunate loss for his family.

Respected Contributor

I watched All My Children while he was on. He was pretty likeable and charismatic. I didn't know he had drug problems years ago. 63 is way too young!

Trusted Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@blueroses47 wrote:

@beckyb1012 wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

@blueroses47  Thank you so much for mentioning this series.   When I posted this thread, I knew I'd developed my crush on him from some TV series and couldn't for the life of me remember what it was.  This was it!  I loved that show!  I was later surprised to learn about all the Thin Man movies with Wm.  Powell, because by the time I did, there was only one Thin Man as far as I was concerned --- handsome Peter Lawford!  That series brings back good memories of my youth!  Loved that show!

@Pearlee  Oh, I'm glad I was helpful in jogging your memory.  I forget so many things like that these days, and something like that can make you crazy trying to remember.  I really loved that show, I was 8 or 9, 10 at the most when that was first on television, but I remember clearly how much I loved it.  I don't think I've seen it in reruns at all.