Respected Contributor

Reading lots of threads lately about 'not gifting' 'not celebrating''abhorrent gift cards' etc,, well me and my lot must be in the minority.  Why.....

We are celebrating, we are gifting maybe even gift cards, we are yoho hoing to the best of our ability.  How..

As at Thanksgiving we will set up 5 card type tables seating 2 on each in our driveway - two big serving tables used SIL's tailgating warmers for food - he will also be designated server.  All our family will be safely distanced, masked.  When it gets cold we have two transportable fire pits which worked at Thanksgiving.  Decorations/lights in trees.  We did invite 2 non family members neighbors who were on their own so they brought their card table too!

So we will - at the end of this awful year - get some Christmas spirit which we all need I think.

Respected Contributor

That’s a great idea!  

i set up a long table in our driveway for Halloween since we still had trick or treaters.  I made up snack size baggies with candy and laid them out on the table. Then I sat back in a lawn chair to replenish the table and supervise. The kids came by and picked up a baggie off the table. It worked out great. 

Honored Contributor

@dulwich wrote:

Reading lots of threads lately about 'not gifting' 'not celebrating''abhorrent gift cards' etc,, well me and my lot must be in the minority.  Why.....

We are celebrating, we are gifting maybe even gift cards, we are yoho hoing to the best of our ability.  How..

As at Thanksgiving we will set up 5 card type tables seating 2 on each in our driveway - two big serving tables used SIL's tailgating warmers for food - he will also be designated server.  All our family will be safely distanced, masked.  When it gets cold we have two transportable fire pits which worked at Thanksgiving.  Decorations/lights in trees.  We did invite 2 non family members neighbors who were on their own so they brought their card table too!

So we will - at the end of this awful year - get some Christmas spirit which we all need I think.

@dulwich  Hey, what are you Brits doing celebrating Thanksgiving?

Surely you don't celebrate the 4th of July too?! 🤣

Respected Contributor

@Pearlee   We celebrate everything given half a chance!  Everyone invited!

l

Frequent Contributor

@dulwich 

I love this post....it is very uplifting and was such a pleasure to read.....especially so, given your experience with the wildfires...Honestly, always enjoy your posts and look forward to reading them.

Merry Christmas and wishing you and yours ( and everyone else reading this) a Happy & Healthy 2021! 
Reggie

Honored Contributor

I love this thread.  Thanks Dulwich.

Esteemed Contributor

@dulwich 

Cheers to your holiday spirit and having the ingenuity to find creative ways to celebrate with family & friends. It all sounds amazing! 

If I remember correctly you were severely impacted from the CA wildfires this year yet here you are with such a positive attitude.

So again, cheers to your Christmas spirit and thank you for your refreshing post! Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@SusieQ_2 @Yes this b--dy fires - now gettin warnings of mud/debris slides if and when it rains anyway onward and upward!

Honored Contributor

That sounds like a good idea.  I hope it works out

Honored Contributor

@dulwich  

I love this idea!