Occasional Contributor

Re: Christmas trees on the TSV set - Wonderful!

I LOVE Christmas trees on the set of "Christmas in July."  I could celebrate Christmas all year long & be happy. I've already purchased some gifts for the holidays at great  QVC prices, it's a terrific idea.  

One of my most favorite restaurants is always totally decorated with Christmas trees, trains running along on tracks suspended from the ceiling, bubble lights, etc. It's a really fun place to eat.  

So all of you "Bah Humbug" people, turn the channel and don't spoil the happiness for the rest of us who find this a respite from the July heat.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Christmas trees on the TSV set - ridiculous

[ Edited ]

CIJ and the Christmas shows in general are really the only times I watch QVC anymore. lol. Just for the fun of all the Christmas items. I did miss most of the one day CIJ they recently had on though because my grand kids were here that day and they come first. Anyway Id rather see Christmas items than non stop handbags, beauty products, and jewelry. But I do get that most wont like seeing Christmas items now, because it is July. PS) Our local non stop weather station will have Christmas in July too in the form of Christmas music, and I also record some of the Hallmark Christmas in July movies too. In fact I watched one of the Hallmark Christmas movies last night.

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Respected Contributor

I used to love when Christmas in July took place on the 25th (only).

More than that is excessive. It's bad enough that Christmas shows will clutter up the schedule from August through December (until the 26th, when everything Christmas disappears).

Respected Contributor

I guess I did not explain myself well. I don't object to Christmas-specific shows with decorations, in fact I enjoy them. I don't think it's necessary to have Christmas trees decorating the sets for shows that are not CIJ, like they did today for the music system.

Respected Contributor

My husband walked through the other day and saw the tree on the set and said "I didn't know QVC played reruns I thought they were live all year except Christmas day. " LOL I told him it was not recored they had been doing Christmas In July and had the set decorated for it. He said "Well that is pretty silly and just kept on walking!"

Respected Contributor

I used to like QVC's Christmas in July. But true to the "new and improved" QVC ,they run everything into the ground. Celebrating Christmas in July so many days is overkill.  I don't mind it being hot outside every day and love decorations in general. I used to like that one day of thinking about holidays to come.  Now I just want some variety on the Q!  Because all the shows are just a rotation of the same old products, I rarely watch anymore.  In fact, more often than not most of what is on is irritating to me. And I used to love watching. It was fun and good to have on in the background. 

Respected Contributor

@violann wrote:
Really sorry that you ladies are unhappy.
For some reason, which I forget, we always did Christmas in July when my children were little.
I'd crank the air conditioner down to 60 and we'd do the turkey with all the trimmings, watch Christmas shows of old sitcoms, and yes, sing "Jingle Bells" while watching the vinyl siding melt off the walls of the house.
Christmas just never seems like enough when it's only celebrated once a year.

Violann,

How fun!  I have never heard of this.  In fact I never heard of Christmas in July until I saw it on QVC.

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because It can be perceived as unfriendly

Esteemed Contributor

There are some places where it is warm at Christmas, even in December.

My take is:  CIJ is a cultural laugh that took off.  Right place, right time kind of thing, and it grew.  QVC is not alone in offering the idea.

Cogito ergo sum
Valued Contributor

Re: Christmas trees on the TSV set - Wonderful!

@traveler 22 wrote:

I LOVE Christmas trees on the set of "Christmas in July."  I could celebrate Christmas all year long & be happy. I've already purchased some gifts for the holidays at great  QVC prices, it's a terrific idea.  

One of my most favorite restaurants is always totally decorated with Christmas trees, trains running along on tracks suspended from the ceiling, bubble lights, etc. It's a really fun place to eat.  

So all of you "Bah Humbug" people, turn the channel and don't spoil the happiness for the rest of us who find this a respite from the July heat.

I don'tthink we are Bah Humbug people we are realistic. Go live at the North Pole, there really is one, and help Santa build Xmas toys and I bet he will feed you!!!