Respected Contributor

Christmas trees on the TSV set - ridiculous

It is summer. It is 100 degrees outside. I do not want to see Christmas trees as set decoration for a TSV in the middle of summer. I get it, we might want to buy ahead for gift giving, but I can figure that out for myself. CIJ is fine for a day or two, but this is ridiculous. And quit saying Merry Christmas to callers; it's not Christmas. Have no idea why this irks me so much, but it does. Holidays are special because they are not everyday occurrences, and now QVC starts in July and doesn't let go until January. Ugh! 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Christmas trees on the TSV set - ridiculous

[ Edited ]

I totally agree!  The trees on the set are INCREDIBLY STUPID!!  I will not watch if I see a Christmas tree on the set when it is 99 degrees outside.  Any ploy to get a buck out of the commercialization of Christmas.

Trusted Contributor

If it bothers you that much, don't watch.

I agree saying Merry Christmas to callers is a tad early, but I bet many are buying the TSV for Christmas gifts...so the trees, well, are expected.

Honored Contributor

Really sorry that you ladies are unhappy.
For some reason, which I forget, we always did Christmas in July when my children were little.
I'd crank the air conditioner down to 60 and we'd do the turkey with all the trimmings, watch Christmas shows of old sitcoms, and yes, sing "Jingle Bells" while watching the vinyl siding melt off the walls of the house.
Christmas just never seems like enough when it's only celebrated once a year.
Honored Contributor

I personally love Christmas in July programming. I love the set dressed for the holiday, I love the merchandise, and I love the holiday spirit and well wishes epressed by both host and guests.

What I don't like is  most of the rest of the year, with all the endlessly repetitive presentations, and days and days on end, of nothing but clothing (ugly at that), beauty products, expensive handbags, and jewelry. 

Holiday programming, at any time, is a welcome break from the usual sad line up that Q has devolved into.

Esteemed Contributor

One day Christmas In July is fine, but a show or more everyday??  No, not watching. JMO

Honored Contributor

I'll be honest, I really don't watch a lot of QVC programming.  Are the trees there for every show or just when they are doing Christmas programming?

If this is true, I would be a bit sad if they have Christmas trees now through the actual holiday season.  We are getting further and further away from what Christmas is really all about and having it in your face for over half the year isn't going to help the cause so to speak (JMO).

Oh well like everyone says, just change the channel!

Respected Contributor

Why not just do the logical, obvious thing and don't watch what irks you.  QVC offers different programming for most everyone.  It's not about YOU.

"Never water yourself down just because someone can't handle you 100% proof."
Respected Contributor

I do turn the TV off, which I doubt is what QVC wants us to do. I was doing a channel surf and stopped to see the TSV and saw all the Christmas trees. I don't object to the CIJ concept for a day or two. I agree that it can be fun. But not a full month and then Christmas programming as part of the lineup starting in August. So I don't watch. 

Contributor

I do understand why it bothers some people. I personally love CIJ. I look forward to seeing what's new every year and love the sets decorated with Christmas trees. I'm one of those that buys early and tucks presents away. If you don't like CIJ than change the channel.