Frequent Contributor

Here is what i have to say ...order now for Christmas, shipping is so very,very slow.

I had 3 items ordered nov 1 ,in process for 5 days then they said shipped .i have beeen tracking the number for 3 days and its said in transit to ups still .still not at the ups office . My edd is 16 . I am going away on the 19 for a week for the hoildays .so if they dont come in time they will be sitting out side for a week .I just dont know what to do ...

Honored Contributor

Re: Christmas shopping

[ Edited ]

Don't order from Q or any other retailer if you don't allow at least 10 days for shipping after 2-3 days processing time!

I only order (from any) retailers if. I know I'll be home to receive items.  Why???? Because who knows who'll be delivering UPS, PO (who rarely get out of truck but leave me note to pick up at PO if doesn't fit or can't jam in mailbox 😡😡😡) or whoever delivers.  

And certainly don't order from Q anytime after 12/10-13 if you need that item for a gift!  I know from experience😉

Esteemed Contributor

I'm done!

Trusted Contributor

I feel your pain.  One thing I noticed the last week at the Q is that sometimes status or tracking is not updated.  Suddenly, a package that seems to be sitting someplace forever shows up at my door just as promised. 

Other retailers are worse than OVC.  Several packages promised tomorrow by two other retailers now are marked as delayed.  One is now promised on the 16th; the other on the 21st.  Growl. 

I guess at this time of year we are learning patience.  Good luck with your delivery.

Honored Contributor

The only gift I’m buying this year was delivered in July, so I’m done too.   I’m thru with the frenzy and madness of such a special holiday.   

Trusted Contributor

I finished this afternoon!

Respected Contributor

Went back to a store on Saturday to pick up something a relative said they would like when we were there on Wednesday. Not one left. Shop now if you can.

Esteemed Contributor

@RedTop wrote:

The only gift I’m buying this year was delivered in July, so I’m done too.   I’m thru with the frenzy and madness of such a special holiday.   

You are so right.  This year the adults in the family are going to donate to a charity for gifts and just buy 1 little thing to open for each.  I have an 11 year old granddaughter and two nieces 4 and 6,for them I'll get a few things.  I'm tired of running around buying things people don't need or want. What the heck would I buy my son-in-law who has everything and my other granddaughter who is 22 and in graduate school. For her..$

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Honored Contributor

Do you put your mail on hold when you are away?  USPS holds packages with your mail.  You should be able to work with USPS.

Occasional Contributor

Re: Christmas shopping

[ Edited ]

Well! that's a great idea. I also believe that we should collectively make efforts to build a strong society. We have a lot of things that are no more useful for us, but might help others in making their lives easier. Charity is the best way to celebrate Christmas.