Respected Contributor

I have not been in a store .. but a couple of years ago .... when

Alvin and the Chipmunks came on in a store .. I had to leave !!!

Honored Contributor

So far, I haven't heard any, @millies daughter .   Can imagine that after Hallowe'en, it might start up.  I used to have stronger feelings about them playing Christmas music too soon. 

Now, I'm not so sure.  For me, it's such a quietly joyous and momentous holiday, that for the short time I might be in a store, might actually find it sort of soothing....   The great Christmas classics are timeless and quite magnificent pieces of music in their own right.

Honored Contributor

Time for Mariah Carey bellowing out "all I want for christmas is you" over and over and over and over again. That woman's voice screeching could split ice.

My favorite memories are hearing Johnny Mathis singing while walking thru a Mall. Ahhhhh all is right with the world when he sings ...................LOL

^az.gif

Esteemed Contributor

Its been at least September since I've been inside anywhere. I wouldn't mind hearing some Christmas music though.

Respected Contributor

I have heard holiday music on all the television shopping channels!

Honored Contributor

Re: Christmas music

[ Edited ]

@millies daughter 

I haven’t been inside a store since mid-March and have no plans to ever go in one again. Going into stores wastes my time and money. 

I’ll start listening to Christmas music on Thanksgiving but I will definitely hear plenty of it watching Christmas movies before then. I watch holiday movies year round...

Valued Contributor

I stopped into Big Lots yesterday and they were playing Christmas music.

Honored Contributor

I prefer Mannheim Steamroller, or Smokey Mountain Christmas.

I never was a fan of Bing Crosby, although, he was wonderful.

Esteemed Contributor

When I worked every freakin November 1st my trusty oldies station was Christmas music. My others choices were the junk that passes for music today or worse country stuff.

The car radio was off for 2 months and my CD player was used until January 2nd. Now that is not an option the da*n new HRV has no CD player.

I will drive in silence until after the never ending Christmas season.

Honored Contributor

@ECBG I love when Bing and David Bowie sing Peace on Earth as a duet!!!!