Honored Contributor

Re: Christmas lights strung at the Back Fence!

For Merle

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Trusted Contributor

Merle says thanks bird mama I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas. I think I am going to take Santa shopping soon and buy a new laptop. It will be so nice to have a keyboard. I wonder about the ones you can take off the base It's been a while since I've shopped for one so not sure what is out there. As long as it is red! I love my tablet but not for pecking out messages. My thumbs don't work like the teens do so I have my own hunt and peck style
Trusted Contributor

Merle says thanks bird mama I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas. I think I am going to take Santa shopping soon and buy a new laptop. It will be so nice to have a keyboard. I wonder about the ones you can take off the base It's been a while since I've shopped for one so not sure what is out there. As long as it is red! I love my tablet but not for pecking out messages. My thumbs don't work like the teens do so I have my own hunt and peck style
Honored Contributor

I bought a new desktop in 2012. It had been at least a decade since I bought a computer (lol). I'm attached to the wall with DSL; there have been times that I wish I had something more portable. Presto's habitat (she sleeps in it only - lol) is in the office and when she wants to go to bed, I don't play around on the computer - don't want the screen lights to bother her little eyes. On the one hand it's good, because I don't get overexcited and sleep better when I disconnect from the PC.

Honored Contributor

Back Fencers - thank you for being so welcoming to me this year.

Honored Contributor

Wishing everyone a wonderful Christmas Eve and day!

Respected Contributor

Ohhhhhh, Bird mama, a new desktop? How neat is that - enjoy!!!!

A very Merry Christmas to everyone and keep stopping by - we have such a great time at the Fence and aren't all the decorations beautiful?

Again, have a great Christmas - and a healthy one.

Just to let everyone know, the four legged critters have ALL had their treats and I gave Conrad an extra Greenie - he loves those things. All are now resting after their early morning treat session. Lucky critters! Amazing, however, no two legged critters up and moving about except me.

Honored Contributor

I've had a very peaceful and relaxing Christmas Eve and Day. Since my middle sister and I are about the only people in my family not sick with a stomach virus, flu or respiratory ailment, I spent a couple of hours at her house yesterday. I wanted to see her tree and décor (she tends to visit my house more often). I took her some presents, the Christmas Story video and a Hormel Gatherings assortment of pepperoni, mild cheddar cheese and crackers. We watched the movie, say to heck with cholesterol (lol) while eating the pepperoni and chatted. I was there about 3 hours then headed home in the rain. No snow this year.

This morning, I baked a Sara Lee apple pie and the same sister came over around 10:30 and I made a breakfast of eggs, bacon and hash browns. We ate, chatted then settled down to watch the 1951 black and white version of A Christmas Carol with Alastair Sims. By 1:45 she was on her way home to relax and enjoy the rest of her day.

She cooked favorites like sauerkraut (mine without kielbasa or sausage), devilled eggs, butter beans in a tomato/bacon sauce, etc. She sent the food home with me yesterday, complete with pumpernickel bread (yum) so if I have any room later, I have dinner that just needs to be heated up.

I feel bad for my other sister, my nieces, their hubbies and the littles. The viruses going around this year are nothing to play around with.

Trusted Contributor

Hope all had a nice holiday. we had everyone here, it's was nice, but, I got up at noon today. just too much for me. I did announce at dinner that this would be the last holiday dinner I would make. it has been over 40. Some years that I have been doing this. even with help it has become just TOO much? I said they were all welcome to join us for finger food, snacks or dessert nights on Christmas.
Trusted Contributor

I forgot, the funniest thing. My DH always buys lottery tickets for everyone. He bought them home, shuffled them and wrote there name,in pencil, on the back of each card. Well, everyone started to scratch them. Low and behold someone won $100. My son in laws grandson,who is 4 Had the winning ticket,,,, we all loved that it was him!!!