Respected Contributor

Re: Christmas lights strung at the Back Fence!

Queen Sue, it's me when it comes to following copied posts. I am NOT a rocket scientist and confuse easily. LOL. Love it when we have a party here at the Fence - Happy Birthday Mousiegirl!!! Food was delicious.

We are having super high winds in some areas out here - not too bad right here at my house but just a few miles away, they are fierce. Unfortunately I may have to drive into some of them - hard not to do as out here you have to DRIVE somewhere to do anything. And this past week there have been so many accidents. People are just plain dumb out there on the Freeways and surface street. Everyone seems to be in such a hurry and are cutting in and out. Hard to get out of a simple parking spot without near misses. Crazy indeed.

Forgot to add I brought some Moose Tracks Ice Cream for the party - love that stuff.

Saw where prices are going to really escalate in coffee, meat, Ca produce and something else - I forgot. At any rate prices are already escalating in all these areas and have been for some months. Hamburger - or ground meat - use to be very inexpensive. Can't even afford that now - over $5 a pound and that isn't even the good stuff. Mercy me. Bought a head of cabbage the other day - $1.79 - that is just plain dumb.

Have a great day everyone.

Honored Contributor

On 12/23/2014 Bird mama said:

Cowabash

Thank you, Bird mama!Smile

Honored Contributor

On 12/23/2014 Bird mama said:

Party Time at the Back Fence - Today is Mousiegirl's birthday!!!

I have never received so many Birthday wishes, thank you, Bird mama.{#emotions_dlg.wub}

Honored Contributor

On 12/23/2014 Winifred said:

Queen Sue, it's me when it comes to following copied posts. I am NOT a rocket scientist and confuse easily. LOL. Love it when we have a party here at the Fence - Happy Birthday Mousiegirl!!! Food was delicious.

We are having super high winds in some areas out here - not too bad right here at my house but just a few miles away, they are fierce. Unfortunately I may have to drive into some of them - hard not to do as out here you have to DRIVE somewhere to do anything. And this past week there have been so many accidents. People are just plain dumb out there on the Freeways and surface street. Everyone seems to be in such a hurry and are cutting in and out. Hard to get out of a simple parking spot without near misses. Crazy indeed.

Forgot to add I brought some Moose Tracks Ice Cream for the party - love that stuff.

Saw where prices are going to really escalate in coffee, meat, Ca produce and something else - I forgot. At any rate prices are already escalating in all these areas and have been for some months. Hamburger - or ground meat - use to be very inexpensive. Can't even afford that now - over $5 a pound and that isn't even the good stuff. Mercy me. Bought a head of cabbage the other day - $1.79 - that is just plain dumb.

Have a great day everyone.

Thank you, Winifred.Smile

Honored Contributor

On 12/22/2014 Bird mama said:

Good Morning Everyone - I am on vacation/holiday all week {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}. Next week I work 3 days then get a 4 day weekend - makes me want to do cartwheels of joy {#emotions_dlg.lol}.

I really didn't do much over the weekend - changed bedding, did laundry and made a trip to the local recycling center.

I had planned to visit my eldest sister either today or tomorrow since I declined her invitation for Christmas Eve dinner. She usually watches her 2 grand daughters so I thought I'd get a visit in with them too, then would leave the money gifts (for the littles) with my sister and she could give them to the parents (my nieces) on Christmas Eve.

The flu has really been going around that branch of the family over the past month. If the moms and dads weren't sick with it, the littles were sick with it. Now my poor eldest sister has it - bad. She left a message cancelling Christmas Eve dinner with my middle sister (who was going to attend). I left a message for my eldest sister advising her that I was off all week and could run to the store or pharmacy for her if she needed it.

She returned my call and left a message for me - WOW she sounds horrible. She says she's afraid for anyone to come into the house - lest they catch it.

I called the dealership this morning to see if there were any openings for an oil change. I go at 2:30 this afternoon. If the local Discount Tire has time before then, I think I will claim the complimentary tire rotation that I earned when I bought a new set of tires this year. This way, the car will be all set for the New Year.

There's a bed, bath and beyond across the street from the dealer so when the mechanics are doing their thing to my car I will walk across the street and buy a package of my favorite face wash cloths and maybe check out dish towels.

That's all for my exciting life (lol). The pain in my shoulder has decreased significantly since the injection. It's not completely gone but at least I no longer want to remove the arm and leave it on the counter anymore.

Bird mama, I agree with Queen and Winifred on both issues. I think the guy was very unprofessional. Once, I went to a dermatologist for something on my finger, it was nowhere else, and the doctor told me to undress. I told him it wasn't necessary for a finger issue, and he began yelling. Needless to say, I left promptly. I have had enough bad encounters with male Doctors so now have women Doctors.

It seems nowadays, businesses don't care how they treat customers. I would want to report the guy who threatened you that if you didn't leave a good review, the service would not be good for you, and I would definitely find another place to go, though there may not be one near you which would be a problem. If the company doesn't want honest reviews, then it should drop the survey.

By the way, go to yelp and voice your complaint. I find that businesses are afraid of yelp reviews. You don't have to leave your name, and I wouldn't. If I had gone to yelp first, didn't think of it, I would never have hired the so called designer for my remodeling job, she has terrible reviews, and I plan to leave mine after the holidays.

Regular Contributor

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}Happy birthday Mousiegirl! I'm bringing lots of balloon's some filled with helium so we can talk silly while we're celebrating your special day.Hope you'll have many more happy, healthy birthday's! Ladies thanks for all the sweet and savory goodies. I'll bring some caramel popcorn to add to our celebration.

This would have been my dad's 106th birthday and always felt sorry for him as his birthday was so close to Christmas that I felt he got left out Mousiegirl, have you ever felt the same way?

Happy Tuesday all! Sue

Honored Contributor

On 12/23/2014 Queenofo2 said:

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}Happy birthday Mousiegirl! I'm bringing lots of balloon's some filled with helium so we can talk silly while we're celebrating your special day.Hope you'll have many more happy, healthy birthday's! Ladies thanks for all the sweet and savory goodies. I'll bring some caramel popcorn to add to our celebration.

This would have been my dad's 106th birthday and always felt sorry for him as his birthday was so close to Christmas that I felt he got left out Mousiegirl, have you ever felt the same way?

Happy Tuesday all! Sue

Thank you so much, Queen.Smile Because my birthday was so close to Christmas, I received one gift, but that was okay with me because it was what I wanted. I have always loved this time of year best so having my birthday so close to Christmas was a bonus for me.

Honored Contributor

Regular Contributor

That's good you felt that way mousiegirl and didn't feel left out. My dad was a quiet guy and never revealed what he thought so I never knew, but I always felt sorry enough for both of us and as an adult tried to make his birthday as special as he was.

It is coooooooolllllld and blustry at our part of the back fence today. Jim said there was snow on the ground when he got up, but it had melted by the time I got up, but I did see flakes swirling in the air a few minutes ago. He thinks this is a potato soup day and I agree. I'll leave steaming bowls at the fence for everyone with warm sour dough bread. Enjoy!

Trusted Contributor

The 23rd was Merle's birthday too. He said he always got a little note with his Christmas package that said they had bought a little more since it was his birthday. That meant two undershirts instead of one. I always try to keep thevdayvseparate for him. Tonight I made last minute reservations at one of our favs. Amazing how fast it came together. Figured we wouldn't be able to get in. Ended up being 10 if us ATU was up today due to the prednisone prescribed for the crud in my face. On the wind down side. Face looks better.