Honored Contributor

Re: Christmas lights strung at the Back Fence!

I have no idea why the font in the post above is small

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Respected Contributor

Believe it or not but a winter storm alert in Sou Cal can mean just that. Thunderstorms, hail, rain to the extent it can cause flash floods or heaven forbid, SNOW. Two years ago in November we had 7 inches of show. In other words it actually means the same thing here as anywhere else - the BIG difference is it is very rare for us. I can also remember a few Christmas when it was almost 100. Last two winters = except for that snow two years ago - it has been very warm for even us. My heating bill was just great. Now it is going a tad high, groan! Was 39 degrees for us this morning - while that is not unheard of, it is not often.

Trusted Contributor

Thanks ladies for your prayers and concern. I was discussing this with my DH this evening and decided that since I see my pain Dr. OnMonday, I would ask him a name of a Dermo.,I do not need a referral to see one. this woman is my recent PCP and I am not crazy about her, but must keep till I can find someone I like. I so miss my original PCP who closed his office because of cancer. very happy to hear he is doing great,will pray he continues to be well and enjoys his retirement. Boy, I do miss him soooo!
Honored Contributor

Well, I went to the orthopedic guy today. What a difference 10 years make. I work in health insurance so I shouldn't be surprised to see doctors go from doctors to businesses if that makes any sense. I got there early, was registered and x-rayed by 9:40. A nurse showed up around 10:10, then this handsome physician assistant came in and we talked about everything. He said he could give me the shot. I said, how long have you been doing this - he said a year. I said how long as Craig (the doctor I made the 9:50 appointment with) been doing this - he said 18 years.

So then Craig waltzes in with Rory - a student. That annoyed me. I said are we expecting any one else to join us? So Craig, who has to make an appearance because I made the appointment with him and he wants to get paid makes small talk like he even knows what's wrong with me. I said, it's frozen shoulder, had it before and have it again. Can we get this part done so you and Rory can move one and Bob can give me my shot? I know, that was witchy with a B of me {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}.

I figured, Bob spent the time, discussed my winged scapula and frozen shoulder with me and showed me my x-rays. I felt okay with a newbie giving me the shot. Bob is like Craig was 10 years ago before he became famous and started being featured on billboards for the particular health care system that he is a part of.

The shot hurt like I remembered it would but I didn't cry or say oww. I might have whispered shot (substitute the O in that word with an I) {#emotions_dlg.blushing}.

You know if the shot is going to work long term if it causes you a lot of pain afterwards. I've been panting a little and rigged a sling. I think Bob knows what he's doing.

I can do exercises at home so I am happy not to be tortured by a physical therapist.

Honored Contributor

Freddie, thank you for educating me that your storms are like my storms, just not as frequent. Gas maybe going down in price at the pump but to heat my house is still as pricey. My sister, who has the new job is working any overtime that comes her way. I told her not to worry, I'll still give her money monthly until she reaches the age she can draw her pension from her original employer. Her pension isn't enough to live on but it would be a decent supplement to her paycheck.

Regular Contributor

I've had a busy day around the house. Did some decorating, putting presents in Christmas bags (I never wrap gifts anymore{#emotions_dlg.blushing}) doing several loads of laundry, unloaded and loaded the dishwasher.......when are they going to make cabinets with a dual purpose such as a washing capability??? Guess never. Anyway I still have boxes all over the den and breakfast area and it doesn't look like I've done a thing. My honey did cook supper which was nice. He made cornbread, rice and beans with hot{#emotions_dlg.scared}sausage and it was so yummy. He makes the best cornbread.

Freddie, did the weatherman get it right? Hope you didn't get another deluge, just a nice slow, soft rain would be pleasant.

Bird Mama, hope you are getting some relief from that shot. I don't know who put doctor's on a pedestal, but as far as I'm concerned they can all jump right off of them. I've always preferred PA's and that's my primary care giver. She is so bright and sweet and not full of herself even though her son is the hospital administrator and she could be, but it's like visiting a friend when I see her.Furthermore she knows her limitations and does not hesitate to send me to someone if she feels she cannot handle a particular problem. Did your doctor even pick up on your annoyance?

Epi, hope you can find a doctor you like and that you can quickly get in to see a derm. In the meantime check out SHOP HQ's Toni Brattin's hair pieces. She really has some nice ones that aren't too expensive. I've never worn one of her wigs, just clip on pieces and have enjoyed them and the color is great.

Betty, where are you hiding? We miss you. Hope you're not still having computer problems.

Happy Thursday all. Sue

Trusted Contributor

I'm here. Still pecking on my tablet. So far rhonna hasn't been able to recover my files. I wish I knew where I picked that virus up. I'm ready to head out for my annual oncology appointment. It's very cold here with a chance of black ice so will give myself extra time. If I don't her back on here before Christmas I wish you all a blessed one and hope everyone gets healthy
Respected Contributor

Boy howdy, I must be as dumb as you know what. I had NO IDEA that a tablet, laptop, etc could get a virus. Have always been told only the desktops could get that. Shows you that I either have more of a hearing problem than I thought OR I am surrounded by blooming idiots - well that makes sense just knowing my personality. {#emotions_dlg.lol}{#emotions_dlg.confused1}{#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

Stripes is being a macho this evening - really cold outside yet twice I went out and he scooted under the car. Now is that dumb or what. I know deep inside he prefers being inside where it is not as damp or cold but he is once again letting me know, he id king of the hill. LOL.

We did not have a winter storm by any means. Just a little bit of moisture, not even enough to call a rain. {#emotions_dlg.angry}

Have to fill the feeders tomorrow - those birds are a tad ticked at me - again.

Queen Sue, your dinner sounds scrumptious. You sure have a winner in Jim - be sure you tell him I said so.

Am a bit tired - will call it a night.

Honored Contributor

Queen Sue - I love homemade cornbread. I don't know how to make it but I like it made in the oven in a cast iron pan - sooo good.

I think Doc Hollywood (my sarcastic name for the orthopedic doctor) didn't know what to make of me dismissing him but I doubt he took it to heart. He got paid, that's all that matters. I think it's the state of health care today - get em in and get em out like a production line.

Yock, I'm sorry that your electronics picked up a virus. These young people who create the viruses and hack computer systems could probably solve most of the world's problems if they used their talents for good instead of mischief.

Freddie, at least your birds are eating. My sparrows have been awol for 3 weeks now. I have no idea what has happened other than me buying a different, more expensive seed that they obviously aren't liking. I have 72 pounds, well by now I should be down to 50 and they aren't liking it. I have more juncos here than I ever remember having.

Image result for junco

The occasional cardinal couple come by and the squirrels are having a great time.

Trusted Contributor

Freddie. A laptop is the same as a desk too except you can move around with it and it picks up viruses. The tablets at least the apple ones are less likely to get a virus. I only use my readers as readers for books because the internet on them is so slow. Don't know about the fires. I try to be ver careful about opening attachments but the virus I got is one where they demand payment to restore and then You don't know if they actually will. I think it is called the rover virus. Haven't had any virus problem with my ipad. It is just darn awkward if you are.a Typist and it has the most peculiar automatic correct