Regular Contributor

Christmas lights strung at the Back Fence!

I decorated the big ole fir growing by the back fence with gold ribbon and Valerie Parr Hill clip on candles, but it could use a few more decorations, so come one, come all and let's get this tree stylin'{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

I surely hope I've started this thread correctly as it's been awhile since I've started one. Hopefully all the fencers can find it.

Bird mam, I meant to mention that my birthday is June 8th. Back in the day all of the fencers would have a cyber party to celebrate each fencer's birthday, but that sort of died off though it still happens occasionally.

It is very cold in my world, but no precipitation and it's supposed to warm up later on in the week.

Happy Cyber Monday all! Sue

Honored Contributor

Re: Christmas lights strung at the Back Fence!

Hi Queen Sue - I noted your birthday, thanks for sharing it.

Hows about some unbreakable ornaments for the tree?

Edited to correct the word to unbreakable. I swear that the older I get, the more I make up words.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Respected Contributor

Hi BirdMama, just had to come on and tell you that your title for this made me smile this morning. I love to decorate and I decorate my back deck on my home to the nines. I love to see all the Christmas lights on it at night and all the pine pieces that I put on the railing with lights all lite up. Even though it is out side it looks like another room in my home when I am done. It is so nice to sit in the TV room at night and look out at the deck with its own tree decorated and all the other decorations even when it is covered with snow.

Regular Contributor

Cater, glad our thread put a smile on your face and I enjoyed the visual of your back fence or actually back deck! I can see why you'd enjoy looking at it. I'd probably leave it decorated till May! Now that you've found our Back Fence stop by often. We've been around for many years and love having folks stop by to chat over the fence with us.

Bird Mama, sorry I left off the last 'a' on your moniker{#emotions_dlg.blushing}apparently I can't edit my post, but thanks for bringing the colorful and non breakable ornament's. They are just what the doctor ordered!

I have nearly all of my shopping done and hope to finish soon. Any gift suggestions for a 12 year old boy? The Q doesn't seem to have anything age appropriate.

Hope the rest of the fencers can find our new location.

Happy Tuesday all! Sue

Honored Contributor

Cater, it was Queen Sue who thought up the title to the thread.

Trusted Contributor

Sue and Birdmama,the fence look very festive!!!! yesterday was near 70 deg..,just beautiful,today,not so much, but we do need the little rain we had last night. Managed to get out to a mall and got my majority of shopping done. So,am tired today but happy most of it's done. dear hubby and myself don't get gifts for each other. we think is silly to spend money,Jevon tho we don't need anything. besides,we got our new deck. that was enough money spent this year,and we are enjoying it and will do so for hopefully a very long time. Cater,welcome. you gave me an idea for decorating our deck. we did put up lights this weekend on. The deck. there hung from the cross beams and are stars hanging at different lengths. They have three modes,but I love the twinkling one the best. we can watch it from inside. Hope the children on either side of us enjoys them,,,, have to go get my meatballs out of the oven. I has stuffed peppers for dinner,but had twice the amount of meat,so made meatballs,and will freeze them for when I make sauce. I try sometimes to make extra food or cook two meals for those days that I just can't manage to cook.
Honored Contributor

I bought my two nativity sets. If you are interested in seeing the pics that ate Toledo ( large and having a hard time shrinking them in photobucket tonight), they're posting in the December Birds Nest. I'm afraid QVC will ban me if I post ginormous pics twice.

http://community.qvc.com/forums/among+friends/topic/482096/postid/10057955/re-decembers-birds-nest-...

Respected Contributor

Thanks for getting us in gear Queen Sue - yes indeed I remember the boistrous cyber parties we have had here at the Fence. My goodness some of them were really something!!! Unfortunately we have lost so many of those posters - one way or another - and I continue to miss them.

I have some Moose Tracks Ice Cream in the Freezer - Shhhhhhhhhh, don't tell anyone. While it is quite chilly here it sure sounds good to me. LOL. Anyone want to join me?

Things got off track again in my household, however, it could always be worse> Huh?

Hope all are getting ready for Christmas. Been thinking about my decorations but I just do not go gung ho like I use to - got old. Actually gave away some of my decorations and I miss them and they were exquisite but just too much work for me. Plus the house has way too many critters also living here just not sure many decorations would survive. I do need, however, to get the wreaths out. Still use one I gave my parents more than 30 years ago. It is faded but still my favorite and I look at it on the front door and think of them. Have wreaths for ALL the doors - even a couple inside the house. Goodness me, but I love wreaths. I have lights to string but just not up to it - someone gave me a box this past summer of more than 100 lights. Wonder should I put them up so there will not be hurt feelings? A neighbor gave them to me.

Hope all had a great day - have a great day tomorrow also.

Esteemed Contributor

First time ever posting on this thread. I wish you all a happy and safe holiday and a blessed new year.

Honored Contributor

Update from Hooty regarding Puddles:

News about Puddles:

I heard from Ian, he said Puddles got out of the hospital on Nov. 22nd and she has slowing been gaining strength and energy. She has been going through many tests since her surgery and the doctors are optimistic that will be on schedule for her last surgery in Jan.

She is taking "one step at a time", and had her stitches and clamps removed on Monday and is thankful for that! It is a slow process and if anything comes up he will let me know.

I told him all of you were asking about her and sending your prayers and well wishes!

I sure was glad to hear something!