Honored Contributor

Watch The Year Without a Santa Claus | Prime Video

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

@Drythe   You didn't mention how many countries sent their PPE supplies to China when Covid first hit there.  They spent millions to do so.

Then they were left with not enough PPE for their own people and started to scramble for supplies.

China then sold the PPE that they were given free  back to the countries that donated to them.

Yeah, tell me again how generous China is.

@Carmie 

As I mentioned, they cracked the genome 🧬 on their own dime, and shared it gratis, world-wide.  Thus the early development of the vaccines.

This was very generous of China.

Unless you have a verifiable source of their selling donated PPE, leaving their own people without, I’m moving on.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Respected Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

@patbz wrote:

@Carmie : China released the genome to everybody that was the shortcut to developing vaccines against it.

I already know that.  And it has also been reported that they sat on the info for at least two weeks before they officially released it.

A Chinese scientist loaded the info on a health organization site before he was authorized to do so. (he was punished)

China then stalled for two weeks before they released the info to WHO and WHO  had to fight and beg for the complete information.

China cost the world valuable time by withholding info.

They need to be held accountable for their crimes against humanity.

______________________________________________________-

@Carmie, you really should do some research about what China did in the 2003 pandemic of SARS.  Or what they did in previous outbreaks.  This is what they do.  Why would anyone think they would change what they have a history of doing?  What is it they say about the definition of insanity?  Doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result?  Then there is the fool me once, shame on you.  Fool me twice, shame on me.

This is the lesson Taiwan learned in 2003 and the biggest reason they have done so incredibly well with this pandemic.  They paid a big price in the SARS pandemic due to China, and they vowed it would never happen to them again.  There is quite a bit to learn about the relationship between Taiwan and China and how Taiwan moved to build a much better public health system that emphasized not trusting China.  And is one reason it was so important for us to have our forward operating prepandemic person working in China.  But alas, the person in that role left the summer of 2019 when she learned her position was going to be terminated in Sept., 2019.  That position would have been critical if she had been there doing her job for the US in Nov and Dec. 2019.

So it isn't just about China.  Let they do what they always do and one would be silly to think they will change how they operate.  That's really like expecting North Korea to all the sudden change something they are doing.  Just not gonna happen.  

* Freedom has a taste the protected will never know *
Respected Contributor

@bikerbabe wrote:
I’ve honestly wondered for a while now if the Covid bomb that has gone off in California is actually a more easily transmissible variant and not solely because of increased socializing in the community.

______________________________________________________--

@bikerbabe, I also question that.  While I know there were big mega parties being held in Calif. that helped contribute to the problem, the entire state seems to have almost exploded.   Maybe since they now have the genetic sequencing of this particular variant they can start checking for it here.

One thing for sure, this variant is almost for sure is already here and they need to really research if in fact, this variant is causing an increased rate of transmission.  

* Freedom has a taste the protected will never know *
Esteemed Contributor

@pitdakota, I agree with your thoughts.

Surely, China acted with complete disregard for life.  

Nobody can dispute that.

But the previous safeguards we had in place were dismantled.

And when the truth was known, this issue was ignored, seriously mishandled.

I did watch a documentary of the 1918 epidemic, hard to watch because of such a staggering loss of life.  But there were lessons to be learned through many mistakes, which were sadly repeated some 100 years later.

Trusted Contributor

Just this morning I watched a video of anti maskers in Arizona marching through a Target called all the masked customers morons.

They marched around the store berating all the masked customers and then exited the store, still heaping abuse on the regular customers.

I was so grateful it didn't get violent.