Respected Contributor

Re: Christmas in July is coming !

@SharkE wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@bri20 wrote:

Image result for flash pad images

Can't wait for the nine million presentations of the flash pad...Smiley Sad

DARN!! I think you missed it... I'd guess that was about four years ago...

Smiley Wink

I bought that hahahahahaha

Me too.  I think it's sitting in a closet somewhere.

Honored Contributor

@LilacTree wrote:

Couldn't care less.  I have never watched one second of it!!

I don't have to ... DH does.  We never need anything, but somehow something shows up at the house.  LOL

Give it try this year @LilacTree.  Only takes about an hour and you'll fit right in with these threads. Smiley Wink

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Honored Contributor

Thanks for the warning!  Smiley Wink

Personally, I find it pretty easy to IGNORE.  But I know lots of people seem to love it, so have fun!

PS:  I remember that moose!

Esteemed Contributor

It's not my thing, but for those who like it. Enjoy!!

I have to mention that it does looks as if they have more offerings this month than norm which does not bode well for the rest of the year. They have one whole weekend that is dedicated to Christmas in July and at least two other days.

Respected Contributor

Since downsizingI am more interested in getting rid of decor than adding to it.  And with regifting, gift card disdain and all I am less inclined to spend my time or money to gift.

Honored Contributor

TRAVELER wrote:

Since downsizingI am more interested in getting rid of decor than adding to it.  And with regifting, gift card disdain and all I am less inclined to spend my time or money to gift.

(bolded by me)  It is very freeing!  We stopped with the gifting thing several years ago and it's great.   My husband does send his daughter a little something.  I send my father a card.  That's the extent of it for us.   We don't have any more family than that.

My husband has one of those little christmas club deals and each year he gives me half of it and he takes half.  Each half is seldom more than $350-$400 so it's just a nice little bit of extra to play with, donate some, buy something each of us might want, etc.  We each do what we want with our half.  For both of us, that's just perfect!

Esteemed Contributor

I love CIJ !! Does anyone know when Valerie's first show is? PS: I don't engage in Facebook.

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Respected Contributor

I miss Thomas Pacconi.  Incredible quality for the price.  I always check the 'net for special Christmas buys, though.  I _like_ special merchandising days and never shop after about Sept. so enjoy a Christmas sale in July.

Esteemed Contributor

Better yet!!  Shark week is coming on Discovery Channel!!!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I really hate Christmas in July.  I wonder whether those who like it live in the south and so are used to a warm Christmas rather than the frozen, white Christmas we have up north.  When the fabulous, all-too-short summer is here, the last thing I want to think about is Christmas!  I love southerners, but their Christmas is very different from ours.  I remember a show on HGTV years ago about Christmas decorating outdoors.  They showed IIRC Californians having a parade of boats festooned in Christmas lights that was really beautiful.  It was amazing to see that everyone was dressed basically in summer clothes.  Christmas is way different in the Land of the Endless Summer, so maybe it's not so objectionable in July.