Honored Contributor

Re: Christmas in August, September, October . . .

I enjoy Christmas in July, and I always find some nice things during that. But I'm not crazy about it continuing on throughout August. I wouldn't mind the 25th of August and September, but it does seem like it's on more often. 

Like other posters said, I can choose not to watch. Sometimes I enjoy watching and sometimes I don't. Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

I basically only watch the Christmas shows anymore. lol. Not all of them, but if I know they're on I watch if I am not doing something else. Otherwise I hardly watch QVC anymore. I just check online for what they had on. PS) Recent outrageous pricing on a lot of things (mainly clothing!), has stopped me from shopping as much as I used to.

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
New Contributor

I can't stand it either! I'm with the others who stated that by November/December they are all out of Christmas cheer. What's wrong with Christmas in July, then again in mid Oct-Christmas week??? If January is counted for after Christmas sales, why not just add the four or five other months and have Christmas year round.....then we don't have to worry about celebrating at all in December....everyone can pick his/her day of the year on which to celebrate Christmas. Those of us who still want to celebrate Jesus' birthday on Dec. 25th may still do so. It's bad enough living in a part of the States which already has no seasons (except spring and summer), now we have no designated Christmas!

Respected Contributor

I dread it and dont watch at all.

Sleep sweet Bo 3/19/08 8/4/18
Respected Contributor

what do I think about it? I think it is ridiculous therefor I do not watch.Those who enjoy it,more power to them.Just like anything they are trying to sell,if i am not interested I do not watch.I prefer to do my Chhristmas  shopping in November. December when it feels like Christmas.I shop local because I live in a VERY small town and I want to support the local merchants. BTW,we have some very quaint little shops with something for everyone.