Honored Contributor

Re: Christmas gift ideas for 1 year old.

I typed into Amazon "children's bowls', and there are quite a few colorful sets of bowls, including a set from IKEA.  All non-toxic, BPA free.   As unconventional as it sounds, children love to bang around with their colorful bowls, lightweight pots and lids.  Age appropriately, that is.  A one year old possibly might be old enough to handle  plastic bowls.  I don't know for sure, though. 

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Trusted Contributor

My 17 m.o. grandson was just here this last weekend. We brought out toys that his daddy (my son) played with when he was a little boy. We have a Fisher Price tool box with tools and a little tractor and wagon, among other things. It was such fun seeing him enjoy and discover these toys that his daddy once played with. He's really into tractors now because Grandpa (Papa) has a big tractor and he gives rides. 😊
Honored Contributor

IMG_4180.JPG

They em seem to be having fun with this "toy chest!"

DD asked for items for a "to go" book... stickers, invisible ink markers with books to write in if she is sitting with them in church.

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Valued Contributor

Thanks for the idea, lolakimono! I have been looking for a good photo book for her and just ordered this! I'm sure she will enjoy it. I had a different one for her older brother but couldn't find one I liked for her. 

Honored Contributor

I say get something that makes noise...tambourine?my son loved to make noise and realize that he controlled that sound.

Respected Contributor

Mellisa and Doug make a great toy I got for my new grandson...........all kids love the ball pits.........they make one that looks like a turtle, unzip the top and it opens up to be a ball pit.........zipped closed it just looks like a big stuffed turtle......but stuffed with the balls instead of batting.

keeps everything neat and in it's place and looks good when it is not in use..................................raven

We're not in Kansas anymore ToTo