Trusted Contributor

Christmas 🎄 Winter ❄️ decorations - on the set in September

Haven't seen the Q in a couple of days...tuned in at 6:00a and I don't recall them putting out the Christmas trees and garland this early...

I've known they jump the gun on Christmas but I thought they waited until October/Halloween.

⚓️
Honored Contributor

Re: Christmas 🎄 Winter ❄️ decorations - on the set in September

They do it every year.  I would love to see beautiful fall decor and more attention paid to Thanksgiving.  But in the retail world that will not happen as Thanksgiving is not about spending your money.

Sad but true.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Esteemed Contributor

It's irritating to me.  I'd also love to see fall or Halloween decor.  But no.  As soon as Labor Day passes, they go directly to Christmas trees.   Oh well, once QVC starts the 'Great Gifts" shows, I won't be watching.  Oh wait!  there's a "Gifts" show on for 5 hours today!  Oh boy!

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

It's ridiculous

Honored Contributor

I also don't get the "Black Friday" promos.  I thought Black Friday was the day after Thanksgiving.  Does QVC observe a different "black friday"?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Imaoldhippie wrote:

They do it every year.  I would love to see beautiful fall decor and more attention paid to Thanksgiving.  But in the retail world that will not happen as Thanksgiving is not about spending your money.

Sad but true.

@Imaoldhippie 

Even QVC's autumn/fall/harvest decorating shows have become scarcer and scarcer....I remember when QVC & HSN would have BIG Halloween Shows....

Adults are spending a LOT on Adult Halloween Parties and Costumes these days and some  people go all out with Halloween decorations including Christmas-like blow ups  ....but I guess those sales go to the local B&M stores....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

Since Quarate also owns Grandinroad, I'm surprised that QVC doesn't offer Grandinroad products.  Grandiroad has the most awesome halloween/fall catalog!

Honored Contributor

It seems like retailers have morphed the term 'Black Friday' into meaning virtually any sale or any supposed sale... I can't count how many emails I've gotten and deleted throughout the year that coin the term 'Black Friday'... I never get sucked in by the whole 'Black Friday, 'Cyber Monday' and so on, nonsense... 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Trusted Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

It seems like retailers have morphed the term 'Black Friday' into meaning virtually any sale or any supposed sale... I can't count how many emails I've gotten and deleted throughout the year that coin the term 'Black Friday'... I never get sucked in by the whole 'Black Friday, 'Cyber Monday' and so on, nonsense... 

Yep, just another tiresome gimmick.  I just can't get used to the Christmas staged sets in September. It's so in-your-face. 

⚓️
Contributor

@Krimpette wrote:

Since Quarate also owns Grandinroad, I'm surprised that QVC doesn't offer Grandinroad products.  Grandiroad has the most awesome halloween/fall catalog!

HSN used to, I just went on their site today to see if they had any.