Honored Contributor

Re: Christmas 🎄 Winter ❄️ decorations - on the set in September

@stevieb wrote:

It seems like retailers have morphed the term 'Black Friday' into meaning virtually any sale or any supposed sale... I can't count how many emails I've gotten and deleted throughout the year that coin the term 'Black Friday'... I never get sucked in by the whole 'Black Friday, 'Cyber Monday' and so on, nonsense... 

@stevieb 

I think there are actually better deals as the Holiday season goes on as retailers attempt to move merchandise and as the competition really "heats up"..... 

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

It's disgusting...barely out of Summer and they're into Christmas.  No wonder I'm sick of Christmas by the time it actually arrives.  Yes,I REALIZE QVC is in the business of sales but this is overkill big time. B&M stores have Christmas stuff out too. 

I want pumpkins and leaves and mums and ghosts and pilgrims...well you get the picture.🍁🎃👻

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I also miss the Fall background scenes they used to have years ago during the fashion segments. It was this forrest of trees with the most gorgeous colored leaves in like a window pane.  I still remember that set and wish they brought that back. I also miss the Halloween shows, however, I was pleasantly surprised when I happened to be home from work one day about a week ago and saw Martha Stewart with Carolyn Gracie.  The set was all decorated with Martha's Halloween decor.  The Q workers who decorated it did a great job as it was so halloweeny.  I  even purchased her one pumpkin that lights up and looks like a real carved pumpkin..so different and pretty.  I was glad to see at least one show like this but now it's all Christmas.  Sigh.

Respected Contributor

Half their year is spent on ONE season.

I hate that.

Trusted Contributor

And that is called money,money!

Honored Contributor

I think Q just skips Thanksgiving altogether. If they could sell turkey dinners, they would do harvest decor on the set before Christmas trees.
Home Depot has Christmas trees right inside the front of the store now..the Halloween stuff is way behind the Christmas stuff. Whatever makes the most $$$ gets put up front.
Honored Contributor

ShopHQ is also decorated for Christmas.

I was in Pier 1 Saturday and it is also full of Christmas decor.  All the Halloween and Fall items were 40% off already.

Yesterday I went into Walmart and they too have Christmas stuff out. The garden area is all full of artificial trees for sale and what use to house outdoor items is now all holiday decor, ornaments, gift bags, lights, etc.     

Honored Contributor

I get that stores are selling Holiday merchandise now.  That doesn't really bother me.

The stores are not decorated for the holidays.  QVC is.  If I walked into the store and saw it all decorated for Christmas, I would be shocked.  It's too soon to see decorations. 

Honored Contributor

@lovesrecess wrote:
I think Q just skips Thanksgiving altogether. If they could sell turkey dinners, they would do harvest decor on the set before Christmas trees.
Home Depot has Christmas trees right inside the front of the store now..the Halloween stuff is way behind the Christmas stuff. Whatever makes the most $$$ gets put up front.

@lovesrecess  The Q does sell turkey dinners. I’m sure they will be coming up.