Trusted Contributor

Re: Christmas Tree shops to close

@Effie54  The two stores by me are very different from each other.  The one I always go to has the holiday items, tons of housewares, food items, decor and home furnishings, toys, gift wrap, dishware and kitchen items, garden items, and so many other things.  It's a nice store that I love.  The other store is smaller, has less items all around and isn't laid out as nicely as the other store.  

Respected Contributor

They just opened this store last November in my area, can't believe it's gone already!

Esteemed Contributor

yes another icon  goes , atleast I still have Hobby Lobby in my area

Valued Contributor

@LdyBugz   I get my Dunkin' K cups at BJs.  With coupon (offered fairly often) I get a box of 72 Kcups for $34.00!

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@LdyBugz ....or if you aren't too brand specific, Ocean State Job Lots has big boxes of Kcups for as low as $19.99 and also has boxes of "Boston's Best" coffee at $24.99 for80 K cups.

Trusted Contributor

@781Florist  Thanks for the great tips!  There's a BJ's and a Job Lots not too far away. 🙂

I'm not brand specific, just prefer a dark roast.  Anything but Starbucks.  That coffee tastes like burnt dirt to me! 

Respected Contributor

We had one of those stores here a few years ago. It opened and closed within a year. I went there a couple of times and bought a couple of things, but it seemed to be a hodgepodge of merchandise, and very little Christmas-related things; mostly housewares. 

Esteemed Contributor

Bad mamgement of sort.  Also, we have to face the fact that many people DON'T acknowledge Christmas and all the things associated with it.  It is becoming the norm especially here in CA with so many foreigners coming and staying here.  

I don't celebrate the Middle Eastern holidays, the Asian holidays, the Hindu holidays, the South of the Border holidays and so on.  I just know what I've known and it's none of those things.  

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Respected Contributor

@Puzzle Piece  Christmas Tree Shops is a chain of home goods and deco stores.   the ownership changed hands and renamed the store CTS, to avoid confusion with Christmas . the store started in Cape Cod the '50s selling seasonal deco and gifts

Honored Contributor

Our local CTS (right next to BB&B) had a sign just a week ago saying "Good news!  Your local CTS is NOT closing!!!  New inventory arriving soon!"

OOPS.  It's such a shame to see so many B&M stores folding.  Sooner or later something else will take their places, but what?  And when?