Honored Contributor

I love Christmas music but not beginning Nov. 1 which my favorite radio station does.  I think Friday after  Thanksgiving would be a perfect time to start the Christmas music on the radio.  It's like you lose the meaning of the music and really don't get in the spirit so early.  At least I don't.  Karen Carpenter had a beautiful voice.  It's very sad that no one could reach her or they didn't care.  I believe her mother was quite strange and favored the brother.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

My neighbor put up her xmas lights on her house today. There she was up on the ladder with staple gun. 

I'm not paying any more on the high electric rates. LOL

Super Contributor

the Carpenters' Xmas album/cd the BEST ever: a great mix of vocals and instrumentals, classic and popular. amazing. my all time fave by far. 

Valued Contributor

I LOVE the Mormon Tabernacle Choir ...  I watch their Christmas special on Christmas Eve and have many, many of their CD’s ...  so many wonderful artists have sung with them ...  also love Josh Groban and then the old Nat King Cole, Andy Williams, Bing Crosby, etc. ...  I’ll Be Home for Christmas still makes me cry !!  I’ve been to the Kennedy Center for a few Christmas concerts but for some reason I begin to cry with very beautiful Christmas hymns and the choirs singing, organs and orchestras playing ...  I cry at Radio City when they do the Christmas story with the wise men and camels etc. walk across the stage ...  no wonder no one wants to go with me !!   LOL ...

Honored Contributor

Re: Christmas Music

[ Edited ]

I'm listening to Vince Gill, (love the song with him and his daughter.  I am listening to a group that sing religious songs usually, then I have IL Volo and Trans Siberian, and I have the Carpenters in the other room.  I've got a bunch.  That's not to mention the tapes, one of which is Ann Murray.  I also have duets by some singers of the 50's, and I want to hear that too.  Did Josh Grobin the other day.  We have a tape of the Mormon TC too.  

And 2 radio stations have the music on too.

My kitchen clock even chimes in on the hour with Christmas bits of song.  

Love Christmas.

Oh and I have the Grinch on t.v. right now, with Jim Carrey.  Just watching it, muted. 

I want to decorate the first weekend in Dec., won't be long now.

Valued Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Kenny G, Pentatonix and Trans Siberian Orchestra are some of my favorites.  

~Breathe In~ Breathe Out~ Move On~
Honored Contributor

@cancun08, Oh my gosh!! I don't think I have a Christmas one of Kenny G's.  We seem to have all his other ones! 

Honored Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

My neighbor put up her xmas lights on her house today. There she was up on the ladder with staple gun. 

I'm not paying any more on the high electric rates. LOL

Depending on where one lives, putting the lights out even in mid October is necessary to beat the bad or colder weather. One can hold off turning them on, but getting them out here early is a smart thing, saves a lot of freezing fingers and toes. 

Honored Contributor

I only listen to carols, and I prefer them to be sung by a choir. I don't listen to secular Christmas music at all, so ,I really don't know what else to say

The rest of the stuff isn't for me