Esteemed Contributor

Re: Christmas Movie Recommendation

The Ref      (Dennis Leary, Kevin Spacy)

Miracle on 34th St.  (John Payne, Edmund Gwen)

Scrooge  (Alistair Sim)

Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

I love all of the classic animated Christmas shows (Frosty, Rudolph, Charlie Brown Christmas, The Grinch)

For movies, I love Bad Santa, Home Alone, Christmas vacation, A Christmas Story, the remake of Christmas in Connecticut, and Miracle on 34th St. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Plaid Pants2

The Nutcracker" with Baryshnikov - FULL VERSION

Make sure you watch on full screen on a 27"+ computer screen.  Better yet, download the movie then burn it onto a DVD.  Watch on a 60" TV!

OHHHHHHH LAWD!!!!! 4191.gifLet me wipe the sin from my eyes.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Trusted Contributor

I always watch The Shop Around the Corner and The Bishop's Wife on TCM. 

Honored Contributor

"The Christmas Box" is such a sweet storyHeart

Also, a great book for older children to read.

Valued Contributor

@Irshgrl31201 wrote:

@AliJoi5 wrote:

@Irshgrl31201 wrote:

I can't remember all of them but right now I thought of a specific one that I really loved. Emmet Otters Jugband Christmas was really a cute movie. It had a Gift of the Maji reinterpretation. 

@Irshgrl31201 - Do you have any idea how LONG I have been trying to remember what the heck that movie was so I could look it up?!  It had been lost in my memory forever.  When I googled the title you posted, my eyes got all misty!  There it is, finally!!  lol  Yes, I get very into these things.  But when I tell you, for years, I've been trying to remember what that was.  All I had were broken memories of adorable little otter people.  Too funny... thank you for the trip down memory lane!!!!!!!!!!!

@AliJoi5 I am so happy that I could give you the name of that movie you were trying to remember. The first time I watched it, we had just gotten Cablevision. That is what they called it back in the day where I lived. We had just gotten it and we watched it on HBO. I was around 8. I loved it so much. I watched it with my mom and dad and I remember after the movie was over  my dad saying now that is the true meaning of Christmas. It is such a good memory for me too!

Aww sweet story @Irshgrl31201!  I think I had always been using the wrong search terms, which is why I never found it.  I could have sworn it was a "stop animation" film, but it's actually a Jim Henson production.  Muppets!  Even better.  I will enjoy watching it with a toasty cup of hot chocolate.  I actually went out and bought the teeny marshmallows last week for that very purpose.  Xmas movie watching coziness.  I had a life once, I swear!

Anyway...

http://www.picgifs.com/smileys/smileys-and-emoticons/thanks/smileys-thanks-771216.gif

Honored Contributor

@Plaid Pants2 wrote:

It's not a Christmas movie, per se, but growing up, PBS use to show, "The Nutcracker" with Baryshnikov(sp?).

When it was filmed, he was in his prime, and I can still see those magnificent leaps that he would do.

I can also remember his muscular thighs that could crack a walnut, the thick, wavy hair, the perfectly round glutes, the cod piece.........

I'm sorry, what were we talking about again?*lol*

Time for a cold, mint scented shower and calming cup of hot chocolate, PP2.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

"The Bishops's Wife" - the original with Cary Grant , Loretta Young, and David Niven.  Loretta Young was so lovely and feminine in the movie - the way I remember America growing up. 

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Honored Contributor

I like the colorized version of Miracle on 34th Street

It's a Wonderful Life

The George C. Scott TV version of A Christmas Carol

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

Ok I love

The Christmas Story

Elf