Honored Contributor

Re: Christmas In July Is Coming

New items, best deals, looking forward to CIJ, an early,

Image result for happy ho ho animated images

Respected Contributor

I rarely watch QVC any more, I record what I want to see, so while I was setting my DVR I saw July 1 TSV will be a CIJ item!!!  It brought a smile to my face!!!

I have NEVER liked summer, especially since I have moved to OK, and I am a total Christmas and all holidays freak!!  

Christmas Day/Countdown

Image result for how many days till christmas
187 days!!
December 25, 2017
I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend, til death, your right to say it
Respected Contributor

I got some of my best deals during CIJ. I used to always ordered 3 of Valerie's fresh wreath that were on special then. The last few years they have gotten too expensive so I ordered 3 decorated and lit ( clear or multi many settings) Bethlehem Lights wreaths. Love them and I have gotten several seasons already. One of my best Q purchases.

Honored Contributor

The biggest issue I have with x-mas in July on QVC is that it marks the start of the x-mas push on QVC.   From July on, it's full steam ahead with holiday programming, it's not just that they do x-mas in July programming and let the holiday programming drop until the end of September.    

Trusted Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

The biggest issue I have with x-mas in July on QVC is that it marks the start of the x-mas push on QVC.   From July on, it's full steam ahead with holiday programming, it's not just that they do x-mas in July programming and let the holiday programming drop until the end of September.    

That wasn't the case last year.  They only did a couple full days each month after July, and a couple shows smattered throughout the weeks.  It was comprable to what we see with kitchen and food shows, Laura Geller, and other brands you see on QVC on a weekly basis.  Last year was much tamer than in the past.  

Honored Contributor

Lawdy, help me.  DH loves CIJ.  We don't need anything according to him, but he always manages to find the stuff we don't need.  LOL

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Honored Contributor

@shell garden wrote:

And, onTuesday, July 25, the TSV will be HomeWorx by Harry Slatkin - Candles and Home Fragrances.

YAY....HARRY'S BACK....love his candles!!!!!!!!

@shell garden

Can't wait to see what Harry has to offer!!! 

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

I'll be tuning in to some of the Christmas Home Decor Shows, (hope they have lots of new)........

However, I'll pass on the rest of it and definitely don't want to see the infamous Flashpad, Magnetic Blocks, Toys from Frozen, Poopourri, vacuums, throws............

cat-in-christmas-tree.jpg

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@TenderMercies wrote:

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

That wasn't the case last year.  They only did a couple full days each month after July, and a couple shows smattered throughout the weeks.  It was comprable to what we see with kitchen and food shows, Laura Geller, and other brands you see on QVC on a weekly basis.  Last year was much tamer than in the past.  

I would beg to differ with you.  The 25th of every month from then on out will be all day x-mas shows.  There will also be other all day x-mas programs throughout the month as well as other shows being turned into "gift show" like Gifts for the Cook, Jewelry Gifts, Beauty Gifts, etc.      

Honored Contributor

@Gram W wrote:

I am interested only in seeing Jim Shore and his wonderful pieces. I get at least 1 piece each Easter and Christmas for the family collection for my great grands.  I admire Valerie's items but they would be out of place in my little house and are not my style.  I can only use so many trees, candles, etc.  I don't have a need to update each year.  All other items I can get at 50% or less locally.  Some stores are selling them now.  

I like the more natural appearance of my arrangements.  No glitter or abundance  of shimmery glass and funky deer.   I collect my own pine cones, acorns, grasses, pines, etc from nature.  I have natural looking handmade and painted ceramics made by a little ceramic shop about an hour away.  I will soon be looking for new special fall and winter pieces of greenware to take for her to finish.  I also collect turkey and pheasant feathers found in my yard and on walks.  Fall and winter are my favorite seasons to decorate.  I collect all year.  My husband loved to help me collect but let me do the arrangements.  His job was the tree and lights.  

@Gram W

I'm hoping and looking forward to a Jim Shore Show too.......Woman Very Happy