Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I note sent/received in my address book and throw them away when I put my Christmas decorations away. This year, it was the evening of the 25th. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

I give all my old cards for every occasion to a friend who collects them and donates them to charities.  

I know one of the charities is Saint Jude's Ranch for children.  This charity helps abused and abandoned children.

She also collects and donates to local charities as well.

Trusted Contributor

I have kept mine for years. Why you ask,  I guess it's because I think if someone goes to so must trouble for me I can't just throw it away.

Honored Contributor

We don't get many, we don't send many.  Christmas cards seem to be another dying custom.  We send about 10 to out of state friends and family and received about 10.  I find that while people don't send many cards now,  they do send beautiful  cards.  I don't throw them out.  Actually, I have boxes of Christmas cards that we received over the many years.   I keep them and decorate with them.  This year, I taped them around the arch that leads from my dining area to the kitchen.  It was a spur of the moment decision but I got lots of compliments on it.  

Honored Contributor

i recycled them about a week ago after i took them down from display.

my grandmother and mom used to save them, but they get musty and mildewed. we finally convinced her that saving them was not a good idea, especially since we would just get rid of them after she is gone. just part of the decluttering and downsizing process.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

I will keep the 67 Christmas cards I received for 2018, until I do my 2019 cards.   I have a special storage holder for them that slides into a perfect out of the way spot.   

Honored Contributor
  • Tossed them January 12 after DH and I took one more look at them.
Respected Contributor

I cut them up and use the blank side for shopping lists. The rest of the cut up cards I recycle. 

Respected Contributor

Recycle them after Christmas.

Honored Contributor
We received less this year than ever..almost all were just the photo cards from Shutterfly, I kept some of the photos. Those that were traditional cards and particularly beautiful, I cut and use as emergency gift tags if I forget to buy any....