Contributor

How long do you keep Christmas cards before tossing them?

Honored Contributor

I pack them with the Christmas decorations so I can refresh my mind as to who sent cards next Christmas. Ususally from the same friends and relatives.

Honored Contributor

@OKPrincess

I do the same thing.  Otherwise, I am prone to forgetting.  Plus, next year when I am getting the decorations out, I love looking at them again. 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Respected Contributor

I am probably in the minority here, but I read them, show them to DH and then trash them.  I have the same Christmas card list for years, so I will continue to send them out until?????

Honored Contributor

I put mine in the recycle bin yesterday.  Sometimes I keep them a little bit longer.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

I save the picture cards in a manila envelope labeled with the year.  I also place cards with special notes in them in there too.  The rest I recycle.

Valued Contributor

Such an interesting question, @Phillygurrl. I toss some when I take down decorations, but I keep my favorites. I use these to make gift tags and small boxes for the next year. 

Respected Contributor

Mine are still taped to my front doors. I like to see them as I go up & down the stairs. One day I will decide to take them down. There is no set time.

Respected Contributor

@Phillygurrl wrote:

How long do you keep Christmas cards before tossing them?

I cut off the front and tape it over the Chico logo on the front of their bag in which I tuck a Christmas gift the next year.  Same with other bags if they are classy enough.

I add a jingle bell or satin wrapped ball with bow to the satin cord handles of the bag and write a “ To / From “ on the bag.

Reused: tissue paper, bag, Christmas card

Time saved: no fighting with wrapping paper, tiny gift   tags

Checklist:  I have my annual gift lists from years ago.  Keeps me from repeating same gifts.

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Honored Contributor

When the decorations and tree are taken down the cards go into the trash  Smiley Sad

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller