Honored Contributor

Re: Christmas Cards this year?

I believe that cards will make a bit of a comeback this year. I think they are a nice way of promoting encouragement to others. A kind and caring gesture that I enjoy. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Sadly, this seems like yet another tradition that's well on its way out. I've never sent a lot of them but used to send more than I have for the past few years. I don't see the days of Christmas cards being the norm returning. An electronic greeting can be nice, but doesn't take the place of a card you can open and enjoy, possibly hold onto and look at again sometime down the road.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Trusted Contributor

My DH LOVES to send out tons of cards.  I would like to really scale back this year.  A group of old friends have ALL stopped sending cards, so I think that I will send them a family picture and brief note via email this year.  I overheard a snide comment about "wasting money" on cards that I assume was about us.

Honored Contributor

I haven't sent Christmas cards in about 5 years.  I probably get about 5 cards.  I used to get so many I didn't know what to do with them all. But then I also used to send about 40 or so myself.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have always sent cards .....especially Christmas Cards....I send about 25....people really appreciate them.  Every year just when I think the tradition as died out I'm always surprised at the number I receive........

realcatattack Instagram profile with posts and stories - Picuki.com

For those that prefer electronic cards I highly recommend Jacquie Lawson's cards. Check out her website....her cards are so unique and clever....it does cost for an annual membership but its worth it....people really enjoy the cards which she offers for all occasions....She even has a yearly Advent Calendar that you can enjoy yourself or even send to friends/family....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

I am happy to hear I am not the only one sending cards. I may send them later this year. I don’t want anyone to feel obligated to send me a card just because they received one from me. I have actually read people in here grousing about that and was surprised.
Honored Contributor

I think adding a couple of comments is great. I usually do that as well. I try and buy beautiful cards. Many of those who receive them stand them up on their kitchen table, etc. and leave them there for months. It takes such a small gesture sometimes to really make someone feel special, especially now. I am always happy to get a card; it means someone thought enough of me to sit down and sign it and then mail it to me.
Respected Contributor

I have been sending holiday cards out since we were married decades ago.  I know the tradition is not the same for everybody, so I rarely cut people out just because they do not reciprocate. 

I love sending sparkling lovely cards!  I try to find a unique design that will be memorable and potentially useful ( card converts to tree ornament, card is a pop-up display). Receiving "snail" mail is more special these days with everything online.

Respected Contributor

@lovesrecess I mail cards to friends and family every year.  It is a small gesture but let's them know they are remembered and have a special place in your heart.

Honored Contributor

I purchase two cards - one to send to my father and the other for my husband.   I do this primarily out of a sense of duty because I'm not really a holiday person.  Smiley Happy