Honored Contributor

Re: Christmas Cards this year?

This year is very different for sure. It will be interesting to see how others find a way to celebrate The holidays when they are alone.
Honored Contributor

I may be sending some of my extra cards to the residents at a skilled nursing facility this year. I can’t go inside, but will call and leave them outside the front doors and the staff can give one to each resident. I will include a note of encouragement in each one. I have about 35 beautiful Thomas Kincaid cards and I know they will enjoy seeing them on their bed tables.
Honored Contributor

I know younger people just do emails or FB but I still like sending a card. We get a lot of postcards with pictures of their kids but they don’t seem as personal to me when a company sends them out for them instead of themselves.
Honored Contributor

I am working on Christmas cards now, and intend to send a card to everyone on my usual list, along with an uplifting, encouraging, handwritten note.   

Nearly everyone on my list has lost a loved one, or dealt with a health issue this year, and they need a visual connection to someone who cares.   80% of my cards go to old work friends I haven't seen in 10-30 years, along with elderly family members.   

Respected Contributor

I absolutely will be sending out cards; I usually mail somewhere between 150-200, each with a personal message inside.

I think the price of stamps is very reasonable. I shudder to think of the cost of hand delivering them all.

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

Yes, I plan to send Christmas cards this year just like I always do. In fact I think it might mean more getting a card this year since so many of us have been at home and not able to see and visit with people like we normally would. I know I will really appreciate hearing from those that send me a card. 

Respected Contributor

I only send to a few close family members.  I used to send money to a couple of them, but I no longer trust that.  I've had to go to bank transfers.  Sad.  I actually prefer no one send me a card.  Just don't care about them any longer, and I toss them.  I keep up with everyone online or by phone.   

Respected Contributor

I send them out every year even though I have scaled back on the amount I mail.

Trusted Contributor

I bought more cards this year than I sually do. Only because the card store that starts with an H was having a sale.  I will probably send them all out.  I have also purchased Christmas stamps for the crads. Now I just have to find a place to have Christmas pictures taken.