Honored Contributor

Re: Christine Scanlon from HSN Arrested!!!!

I did some digging and found out that Scanlon owned a bar called Moose Knuckles Bar & Restaurant located in Steamboat Springs, Colorado (Routt County). I wonder if her arrest had something to do with that?

Honored Contributor

@tsavorite   most of the items she copied were items from Joy Mangano. There were several threads about it posted on the board. Here's one.

Chris was on ShopLC a couple of times last year with Dan Dennis. She was supposed to be auditioning to be a host. She disappeared as suddenly as she appeared.

~~~"Patience is the power to do nothing when doing something won't do anything but make everything worse"~~~
Honored Contributor

I remember her on HSN and always thought she was kind of entertaining and for some reason remember her talking about riding motorcycles with her husband.

I am a little surprised at posts here, being so sympathetic towards her 
"plight".

Would people here feel so sympathetic towards others who have been arrested on charges of felony theft, forgery and tax evasion?  Or would they think they were just criminals?

Honored Contributor

I don't know who she was.  I rarely look at HSN.  The only person I recognize is Colleen Lopez.  All the hosts are indistinguishable looking.  When was this person on?

Valued Contributor

I agree with most of you who feel sadness and compassion that Chris has fallen to this level. I think it’s because we watched her for many years on HSN and feel that we “know” her though, of course, we have no idea what really goes on in the hosts’ lives nor should we.

It has made me think though about the many people we see arrested on our local news every evening. They too are deserving of our compassion and understanding as most of them have had many odds stacked against them from poverty, horrific childhoods, mental illness etc. Of course that doesn’t mean they aren’t responsible for their crimes but “there but for the grace of God go I” applies to them as well. Sometimes we are quick to judge strangers by a different yardstick than those we know. Having said that, I can’t manage to get too choked up for violent criminals. I know they have their histories as well but I just can’t.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@NicksmomESQ wrote:

Very sad to hear about Chris Scanlon. I liked her.

Does anybody here remember Guy Yovan’s now ex wife Carolyn? She used to sell Tatouage,wall decorations on HSN.She & Guy have a son Danny.

I just found out that she was arrested last year for DWI. She struck & killed a pedestrian.I’ve been trying to find more details but so far no luck.

Carolyn was a beautiful woman too.Almost didn’t recognize her from her mugshot.

It’s really sad when people appear to have it all.But don’t. You just never know what goes on in their private lives.

I like Tatouage.

https://www.acquitter.com/blog/2018/10/dui-manslaughter-charges-given-to-st-pete-beach-woman-who-all...

Her mugshot doesn't look like her. (it is)

Honored Contributor

This has been a very interesting thread😮 

Esteemed Contributor

@on the bay wrote:

items.[0].image.alt

That's sad. I remember her and thought she was still a host-though I haven't watched in a long time. The left is how I remember her.

Thanks for the picture on the left, I sure do remember her, saw her for years.  Wow, wonder what possessed her to commit all those crimes.  So sad.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Esteemed Contributor

@golding76 wrote:

I am not familiar with this HSN host, but I hope she can rebound from her fall from grace.  This sort of thing is heartbreaking to read about, and you can only hope and pray/send positive thoughts that she can emerge, somehow, from all this.

We do not know what her downfall was.  Yes, greed is there, but why such a need?

@golding76 

You said it so well.  Check Words to Ponder, there is a message there for you.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Respected Contributor

@missy1 wrote:

@NicksmomESQ wrote:

Very sad to hear about Chris Scanlon. I liked her.

Does anybody here remember Guy Yovan’s now ex wife Carolyn? She used to sell Tatouage,wall decorations on HSN.She & Guy have a son Danny.

I just found out that she was arrested last year for DWI. She struck & killed a pedestrian.I’ve been trying to find more details but so far no luck.

Carolyn was a beautiful woman too.Almost didn’t recognize her from her mugshot.

It’s really sad when people appear to have it all.But don’t. You just never know what goes on in their private lives.

I like Tatouage.

https://www.acquitter.com/blog/2018/10/dui-manslaughter-charges-given-to-st-pete-beach-woman-who-all...

Her mugshot doesn't look like her. (it is)

Wow, this really kinda blew my mind. I never bought any tatouage kits but I enjoyed watching her present the stuff for some reason. She seemed to be a pretty well centered gal, it was Guy I figured would be the flake in that marriage. Who knows, maybe he was, but strange to me that he is still around at HSN and Carolyn was the one to hit bottom.