Esteemed Contributor

Re: Christine Scanlon from HSN Arrested!!!!

@MoJoV wrote:

I guess this proves TV sales people can be thieves,tax dodgers,and worst of all: drunks who kill people,just like some of the population. I think most of them are pretty decent people,just like most of the population.

Exactly.  I completely agree.  People who drive drunk get no sympathy from me.  Carolyn Yovan was so intoxicated that she hit a pedestrian who was walking on a sidewalk.  She then fled the scene, caused another accident, and resisted law enforcement.  She deserves to be punished.  My sympathy goes to the man she killed and his family.  I loved her product, but I will shed no tears for her.  

And some people have criminal minds, and do terrible and unlawful things.  They don't get my sympathy either.

Just because someone was a host on a TV shopping channel doesn't mean they belong in some kind of special category.  I fully believe that most people are good and law-abiding, and certainly there are circumstances when people feel that doing something criminal is their only option (having no money and children to feed, for example.)   

But as you said, there are bad apples in every profession and in every walk of life.  No one gets a pass from me simply because I've seen them on TV.  I dole out my sympathy on a case-by-case basis.

Esteemed Contributor

@lovesrecess wrote:

Felony theft can mean a lot of things; I had a friend who was charged with felony theft because she failed to return a rental car to the right place....so I hope it turns out to be something ridiculous like that and not something very criminal. I have sympathy for her; she could be suffering from emotional problems, could be on medication that has turned her situation into a bigger problem that it is supposed to fix....a lot of things and no details are known...I am inclined to give her the benefit of the doubt and not judge her as some are doing.

I'm not judging her because we don't know all the details.  And we may never know them, which would be fine with me.

However, (and this is a quote from an article that is backed up by several other articles);  "Scanlon has been charged with being a fugitive from justice for multiple felony counts related to theft, forgery and tax evasion." 

So it certainly doesn't sound like one mistake or anything as simple as not returning a rental car.  She's a repeat offender and she tried to elude law enforcement.  All of this is pretty serious, and she's being held in jail.  Yes, there could be reasons for why she did all of that. And the reasons could be valid, but it's also very possible that they're not.  In any case, it's a sad situation and it sounds as though she's in a whole lot of trouble.

Honored Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@Pqfan wrote:

@CatsyCline wrote:

No bangs which hide lines, no stitch of makeup and she has hooded eyes and sun damage. But she doesnt look 80!  The law don't give time to put your face on.

LOL @ “the law don’t give time to put your face on.”🤣

@Pqfan. MYOB

Another rude and unkind post. Why? You seem to like to bait. 

Regular Contributor

The law don't give time to put your face on. 😂 

Respected Contributor

DANG!!!  I need to start using more make up!!!  She sure looks different. 

I find it sad when life takes an ugly turn for anyone.  I hope she can recover from this one. 

Super Contributor

OMG...what a shock.  It's so sad when things go terribly wrong in a person's life and it results in this.  Reva

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@mom2four0418 wrote:

Mindy was married to Tony Little.

@mom2four0418   I remember that too.  It didn't last very long.

I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here!

@Pearlee@mam2fourboys 

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

@mom2four0418 wrote:

Mindy was married to Tony Little.

@mom2four0418   I remember that too.  It didn't last very long.

I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here!

@Pearlee@mam2fourboys 

Lasted long enough for them to have 2 sons together. 

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@SahmIam wrote:

@Kachina624   Thank you!! Yes, Steve Chaney! I loved the chemistry the two of them had when working. I remember reading an article in the Tampa Times (?) of how their families hung out together as their kids were the close in age. 

He was a great host. When I heard he had died after a long battle....so sad.

@SahmIam.  I was crazy about him as a host and was devastated when he died.

Chris and Steve were very close, her maiden name was Whitten, and he always called her Kitten Whitten. He had a very zany sense of humor. He was a hoot when he was on the air with Suzanne Somers, after he died, she teamed up with Colleen. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Shortly before he passed away, Steve made an appearance on HSN for Xmas, he was so frail looking and in a wheel chair. he left his wife behind and 3 sons.