Valued Contributor

Re: Christine Scanlon from HSN Arrested!!!!

Chris and Alan were both hosts on the old CVN channel before QVC bought it out. He used to flirt with her when she was on air. He was smitten.

But when they both went to HSN he asked her live on air to marry him. They were cute together. Who knows what happened there, that's their business. I just know they were fun to watch for awhile.

Things happen. Sometimes everything just goes wrong. I hope Chris can get it together. Like the rest of us that watched back then, she's getting older. We all run into problems, and many of us seem to be our own worst enemy. A bond of $1,000.00 isn't much, so whatever she did wasn't a major crime. If she needs help, I hope there is someone that can step in and get her turned around.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@lmt wrote:

WOW!!

I'm not sure which is more of a shock ..... that she was arrested or how she's aged.

I never would've recognized her in a million years.

Related image

At first I did not remember her and could not recognize the picture, but with this picture I do remember her.  Boy, time surely takes it's toll doesn't it...   How long ago was the above picture I wonder.   

I can't believe how different I look from just 5 years ago.. It amazes me everyday when I look in the mirror and wonder 'what happened?'...

As a fugitive, she wouldn't have made herself up to look as she did on TV or on her driver's license, for that matter.

It is so sad that she has fallen to this state of affairs.

Respected Contributor

Cant seem to find any details giving her side of the story. It is truly sad how someone can fall from that high a level being on TV. We do tend to put the hosts on pedestals but in reality they are just glorified sales clerks. Im sure bad stuff happens to the clerks in the retail stores all the time but we just dont hear about it.

Honored Contributor

i really don't know who she was.  but when i looked at photo i remembered her from HSN.  i rarely watched, but i remember her.  In all honesty, she doesn't look that bad.  in police photo her skin is smooth almost wrinkle free,, and she looks the same if you look at only the face. The haircut is not curled or styled, and the hair only makes her look worse.  She doesn't have a stitch of make up in police photo.  then look at her HSN photo.  she has false lashes, bangs to soften face, and tons of make up.  we all know stage make up, or head shot photos are taken with make up and at best angle. my granddaughter is an actress and ever 2-3 years she has  headshots.  it is amazing what they do with lighting and angles alone.  my granddaughter doesn't get made up like Christine for head shots,because of the image she gets hired for.  but they do some of her headshots with make up to contrast, and wow, she looks like a different prson.  i would swar she had lips done lol.  but it is all the camera!  with angles and lighting it accents even the slightest mascara.

so, imo if the two photos of Christine are compared she hasnt aged that much, it may appear so at quick glance though.  but again, JMHO

Honored Contributor

@Reever wrote:

Cant seem to find any details giving her side of the story. It is truly sad how someone can fall from that high a level being on TV. We do tend to put the hosts on pedestals but in reality they are just glorified sales clerks. Im sure bad stuff happens to the clerks in the retail stores all the time but we just dont hear about it.

Colleen didn't answer you?

Esteemed Contributor

@Reever wrote:

Just speaking for myself, I certainly don't put hosts on pedestals.  They're human beings, and being hosts on TV shopping channels is how they earn a living.  I don't give them any more respect or have any higher expections than I would for anyone else.

Honored Contributor

I don't put them on a pedestal, nor do I put them in stocks, to be pelted with insults. I can't imagine asking someones personal friend ,to reveal private information ,to all and sundry, so they can spread it through cyber space

Poor Chris, may God help you get through this terrible time in your life

Contributor

Wow!!! I am shocked!
New Contributor

I feel so bad. She had a cute voice and personality. Makeup can do miracles when you know how to do it. I hope she gets help and changes her life around.