Honored Contributor

Re: Christine McVie of Fleetwood Mac dead

@hckynutjohnwrote:

@colliemom4

Just read that in the NY Post. Liked most of Fleetwood Mac's music. She was a big part of that group's success. Condolences to her family and close friends.

I am kind of a Stevie Nick's fan. Something about her voice draws me into her songs. She was a big part of my reason for buying Fleetwood Mac's music.

Rest in Peace Christine. 🙏

hckynut 🇺🇸

@hckynutjohnI love hearing Stevie too. I saw her on the Rock and Roll Hall Of Fame special several years ago and she sounded better than ever.

Honored Contributor

We're all getting older. Inevitable, but it makes you sad sometimes.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Respected Contributor

I come from a family that lives into their 90's so 79 seems young to me for a person to pass away. Her voice was like velvet. It was so soothing. One of my favorite songs is "You Make Loving Fun".

Respected Contributor

😔🙏💔🌹🎼🎹

I would give everything I own just to have you back again.......David Gates of Bread
Honored Contributor

I was just listening to a FM song..."Everywhere". I love her voice in the song.

---------------------------

"Oh I......I want to be with you everywhere"

Esteemed Contributor

This makes me so sad.

My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness ~ Dalai Lama XIV

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix
Honored Contributor

Respected Contributor

Facebook
Julien's Auctions - Auction house
“We are saddened with the news that Christine McVie passed away today.
We worked with the legendary Christine McVie and her team for the past year in curating a world class auction set to take place on December 3rd celebrating her amazing life and career and supporting her charityMusiCares.
It was important to Christine that MusiCares, a charity close to her heart to help other musicians in need, would greatly benefit from her auction. With fondness we recall seeing Christine perform with Fleetwood Mac at Radio City Music Hall in 2018 as recipients of the MusiCares Person of the Year award.
It is now our mission to make this auction a fitting tribute to the legacy of one of the greatest singers and musicians of our time.”
– Darren Julien, President/CEO
May be an image of 1 person and text that says "Julien's AUCTIONS PROPERTY FROM THE COLLECTION OF CHRISTINE MCVIE AND HER FLEETWOOD MAC ARCHIVES BEVERLY HILLS, CA ECEMBER 4,2022"
This was planned and had posted before she died.
Julien’s Auctions announces “FleetwoodMac: Property From The Lives and Careers of ChristineMcVie, JohnMcVie and MickFleetwood” an exclusive auction taking place in Beverly Hills December 3rd & 4th and streaming online at julienslive.com - Julien’s Auction is now LIVE! View the whole catalog.
May be an image of 1 person and text that says "Julien's AUCTIONS PROPERTY FROM THE COLLECTION OF JOHN MCVIE ANDHIS AND FLEETWOOD MAC ARCHIVES DECEMBER 3, 2022 BEVERLY HILLS, CA"May be an image of 1 person, beard and text that says "Julien's AUCTIONS PROPERTY FROM THE COLLECTION OF MICK FLEETWOOD AND HIS FLEETWOOD MAC ARCHIVES DECEMBER BEVERLY HILLS, 2022 CA"

WPSD6: Fleetwood Mac instruments, memorabilia and more up for auction

BEVERLY HILLS, CA (KNBC) — An auction this weekend will give fans of Fleetwood Mac a chance to own a piece of rock and roll history.

More than 800 items from the lives and careers of Christine McVie, John McVie and Mick Fleetwood will be up for auction at Julien's Auctions in Beverly Hills.

We're talking about clothes, musical instruments, drum kits, guitars, road equipment, jewelry, and household goods.

Some of the items are unique, and the auction house says there's a little something to interest everyone.

"There's items at every price point, like items of jewelry, clothing, shoes, bags. Just, you know, really unusual antique items as well, especially from Christine McVie, but really important instruments as well from John McVie,” says Martin Nolan from Julien's Auctions.

Honored Contributor

Godspeed.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Respected Contributor

So grateful I saw them in Landover, MD in 1997...one of my most favorite concerts. Their songs hold so many 1970's and 80's memories for a lot of us💙