Respected Contributor

apparently,the family is putting up jewelry, silver, china, etc  from Pres and Mrs Reagan's belongings for auction at Christie's later this month.

to have a look:  https://onlineonly.christies.com/s/private-collection-president-mrs-ronald-reagan/categories/278

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Christie's Reagan auction

Apparently???

The Readan Library has the real treasures GIVEN to the Reagans.  Their personal belongings?  Well, what do you do with them if your inheritors don't have a use for them?  Most average folks yard sale things or put them on consignment.  Nancy's things were more costly and would probably be auctioned off at an auction house. 

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

Thanks for posting!  I was more tempted by the incredible items they had for the Joan Rivers sale, however! Smiley LOL

This stuff looks picked over.  It seems like their nicest stuff is going elsewhere!! Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

There's  nothing apparently about it, it's a fact.   And it's not surprising at all.  The heirs of wealthy and famous people always do that.  They keep the things that are important  or precious to them and give other things  to museums and colleges to display and what's left is put up for auction.  

Respected Contributor

according to this article the trustees of the estate made the selection with Christies.  i am not sure if that includes the children/family, the people/trustees/staff at the Reagan library, or both.

.  http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/aug/25/ronald-reagan-memorabilia-set-for-christies-auctio/

Valued Contributor

@ms traditional

Thank you................

Respected Contributor

@Miranda1550  as with Joan's auction,  i do think it is interesting to have a look!