Esteemed Contributor

Re: Christiane Amanpour will replace Charlie Rose’s PBS time slot

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Nancy Drew

NOT being a smarty pants, but what does "Mr Rogers" have to do with anything?

My tag line?

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Honored Contributor

Holy cannoli-if one doesn't "approve" of this interim choice perhaps one might not bother watching.  Very simple.

Personally I found CR boring, stiff, and unpleasant.  Chrisitane has a much more pleasing presence, including her speech.

As far as "commentator bias" she isn't just Christiane the interviewer/reporter.  She has her own personal views as does anyone else in the industry.  Crossing those personal views with professional reporting is something that all have done.

She has been critical of the most recent past person and she has been critical of the present person.

As far as PBS being "liberal"-yes it is connected to CNN which does slant left; but PBS shouldn't be slapped with a label if one if familiar at all with ALL of its programming.

Christiane has taken hits for her reporting at times, such as her reporting during Bosnia.  But hunker down with her and tell me what your outlook would be.

Thankfully CBS isn't going to replace CR with Christiane; she would knock the other two right off their seats with just one report. 

We all have our bias and views; whether we agree with Christiane or not is fine; but it isn't fine to use that bias to knock a woman whose career has been filled with accolades and professionalism far above many others.

jmoymmv

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

@Nancy Drew wrote:

She has in the last couple of years spoke with a bias view. I know because I tend to watch her speak. She never did before so it was disappointing. She really is good. Even when she was pretty young. Now if she wants to be a commentator a bias is fine. So maybe she went from being a journalist, news reporter to a commentator. 

It is only bias for you ,because you do not agree.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Esteemed Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@esmerelda wrote:

I'd like examples of her intelligence and qualifications.

You want an example of someone's intelligence? I would like an example of yours. Anyway, here it is, she didn't help make a mentally ill person in charge. There ya go.

@proudlyfromNJUh...nobody has made claims re: my intelligence.  So....

Keepin' it real.
Esteemed Contributor

@Noel7 wrote:

@esmerelda wrote:

@Noel7 wrote:

@esmerelda wrote:

I'd like examples of her intelligence and qualifications.

@esmerelda

Then feel free to do your own research like the rest of us do.

@Noel7I don't know why I spend time here.  Conversations become rude without provocation.  There are many here I wouldn't associate with IRL.  That's for sure! 

And yet you continually follow me.  Where I am, so you are, @esmerelda

@Noel7LOL! LOL! Woman Very Happy  Don't flatter yourself! LOL! LOL!

@And I'm "here"...this post...because you more or less called me...you know, with the @.  So....

Keepin' it real.
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@goldensrbest wrote:

@Nancy Drew wrote:

She has in the last couple of years spoke with a bias view. I know because I tend to watch her speak. She never did before so it was disappointing. She really is good. Even when she was pretty young. Now if she wants to be a commentator a bias is fine. So maybe she went from being a journalist, news reporter to a commentator. 

@goldensrbest Actually that is incorrect. Shawn Hannity has a bias and I agree with him most of the time.But I would call him a commentator not a journalist. Knowing someone has a bias doesn’t mean that is a bad thing. Once you speak your bias you go in the commentator category. There is nothing wrong with that as we need both journalists and commentators. Just don’t call your self a journalist if you are a commentator. CA used to call herself a journalist and she was very good. I don’t think she should still call herself that now. Nuance.....

Honored Contributor

@Nancy Drew wrote:

@goldensrbest wrote:

@Nancy Drew wrote:

@goldensrbest Actually that is incorrect. Shawn Hannity has a bias and I agree with him most of the time. Knowing someone has a bias doesn’t mean that is a bad thing. Once you speak your bias you go in the commentator category. There is nothing wrong with that as we need both journalists and commentators. Just don’t call your self a journalist if you are a commentator. CA used to call herself a journalist and she was very good. I don’t think she should still call herself that now. Nuance.....

He knowingly pushes conspiracy theories...think pizza for one example.

Esteemed Contributor

@tansy wrote:

@Nancy Drew wrote:

@goldensrbest wrote:

@Nancy Drew wrote:

@goldensrbest Actually that is incorrect. Shawn Hannity has a bias and I agree with him most of the time. Knowing someone has a bias doesn’t mean that is a bad thing. Once you speak your bias you go in the commentator category. There is nothing wrong with that as we need both journalists and commentators. Just don’t call your self a journalist if you are a commentator. CA used to call herself a journalist and she was very good. I don’t think she should still call herself that now. Nuance.....

He knowingly pushes conspiracy theories...think pizza for one example.

He does as Rachel Maddox does. I know it when I see it. That is why I wish CA stuck to being a journalist. We need more like her.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

“There are some situations one simply cannot be neutral about, because when you are neutral you are an accomplice. Objectivity doesn't mean treating all sides equally. It means giving each side a hearing.”
CA

.....journalist, host, correspondent, interviewer......she wears many hats.....and is good at it.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

No matter how far I stretch my boundaries, I don’t see a comparison between Rachel and Sean@Nancy Drew:/

For one thing she allows her guests to express their opinion.