Honored Contributor

Re: Christiane Amanpour will replace Charlie Rose’s PBS time slot

[ Edited ]

@jackthebear wrote:

I’m surprised the ratings were good, or that the show was that popular that it needed to be continued 

Of course they feel a woman has to replace him 

Actually I am surprised she’s the choice since the other two hosts are women.

Yay!  I think she’ll make for an interesting show and I might start watching.

ETA:  Just realized that she must be the host of the show by his name, not the morning show.  😊

Honored Contributor

@shell garden wrote:

@LoveMyBaby...yes, Christiane and John F. Kennedy, Jr., were very good friends.  She is a pretty lady, isn't she?

I didn’t know that, @shell garden.  No romance?  

Esteemed Contributor

@Noel7....JUST SO YOU KNOW......  I loved your fun "Halloween Thread" and I'm sitting here with my arms crossed, tapping my foot and POUTING BIG TIME, waiting on you to start a fun Holiday/Christmas/ thread!  

I mean, whatcha waiting on WOMAN?  It's already the 4th of December, lol.

See the source image

Esteemed Contributor

@tansy wrote:

@shell garden wrote:

@LoveMyBaby...yes, Christiane and John F. Kennedy, Jr., were very good friends.  She is a pretty lady, isn't she?

I didn’t know that, @shell garden.  No romance?  

@tansy.....NO, no romance.  They were the best of friends since college.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Noel7 wrote:

The veteran international correspondent anchors "Amanpour" on weeknights, most frequently from London. CNN International will continue to produce and air the program. The rebroadcasts on PBS stations will help the program reach a bigger audience in the United States.

The main PBS station in New York, WNET, will begin airing "Amanpour" on Monday night. It will be made available to other stations a week from now.

"Featuring conversations with global leaders and decision makers on the issues affecting the world today, 'Amanpour on PBS' adds to the long tradition of public affairs programming that has been a hallmark of public media for decades," PBS CEO Paula Kerger said in a statement.

CNN

PBS will offer Christiane Amanpour's CNN show to temporarily replace 'Charlie Rose'  

http://www.latimes.com/business/hollywood/la-fi-ct-amanpour-pbs-20171204-story.html

It's not even going to be a new show.  Just a repackaging of what she already does for CNN:

Amanpour’s program, which airs on CNN International at 2 p.m. and 5 p.m., will be repackaged and called “Amanpour on PBS.” It will start airing on WNET on Monday and be offered to PBS stations starting next week. The new program, which does not have a launch date, will be paired with Amanpour’s show.

She's a "temporary solution."

Keepin' it real.
Honored Contributor

That’s great news and a perfect choice!

Honored Contributor

Excellent!  Really like her.  Thanks for sharing some positive news, @Noel7

Esteemed Contributor

@esmerelda wrote:

@Noel7 wrote:

The veteran international correspondent anchors "Amanpour" on weeknights, most frequently from London. CNN International will continue to produce and air the program. The rebroadcasts on PBS stations will help the program reach a bigger audience in the United States.

The main PBS station in New York, WNET, will begin airing "Amanpour" on Monday night. It will be made available to other stations a week from now.

"Featuring conversations with global leaders and decision makers on the issues affecting the world today, 'Amanpour on PBS' adds to the long tradition of public affairs programming that has been a hallmark of public media for decades," PBS CEO Paula Kerger said in a statement.

CNN

PBS will offer Christiane Amanpour's CNN show to temporarily replace 'Charlie Rose'  

http://www.latimes.com/business/hollywood/la-fi-ct-amanpour-pbs-20171204-story.html

It's not even going to be a new show.  Just a repackaging of what she already does for CNN:

Amanpour’s program, which airs on CNN International at 2 p.m. and 5 p.m., will be repackaged and called “Amanpour on PBS.” It will start airing on WNET on Monday and be offered to PBS stations starting next week. The new program, which does not have a launch date, will be paired with Amanpour’s show.

She's a "temporary solution."

"Temporary" can always lead to permanent.  At least let's hope so.  I really like her.

Respected Contributor

I can’t stand her.  She is very one sided in her views.  

QVC Customer Care